Hello Bearcats! We hope this message finds you healthy and safe. We know this is a challenging time for all of you, but please rest assured that Career Development is still here for you. We know many of you are still involved in job and/or internship searches, career planning, and graduate/professional school applications. Further, we know that many of you have been displaced from your campus jobs for the time being. Please see below for details on how to connect with us while Willamette is operating remotely.
How to Book Career Advising Appointments:
Advising appointments are still available, and you still book them via Handshake. All appointments will be conducted via Zoom. Please follow these steps:
- Login to Handshake.
- Select “Career Center” from the top of the page.
- Select the option for “Appointments” now located in the center of the page.
- Click “Schedule a New Appointment.”
- Select either “30 minute remote Career Advising - offered through Zoom” or the 60 minute option right below. Our other appointment types are temporarily unavailable. NOTE: You can still discuss any career development topic during your zoom session.
- Choose a time slot for your appointment.
- Please fill in the field that asks “What can we help you with?” Again, this can be any of the topics we have always included as options.
Virtual Resume/Cover Letter/Personal Statement Review:
In addition to remote Zoom advising, we are also offering remote virtual/e-mail feedback on resumes, cover letters, applications, personal statements, etc.
To receive feedback:
- In the body of your email, please provide a brief description of what you need feedback on. If possible, include a link to a job/internship/program description.
- Attach your documents to the email and send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not simply Google-share your documents with this email address. Send them as attachments.
- A representative from Career Development will get back to you as soon as possible.