- When should students start using Willamette Career Development?
- What does Willamette Career Development offer?
- What can you do to help the Willamette Career Development?
- Willamette University Parent Website
- Additional Information for Parents
- Post a Position or Internship
- What is an Internship?
- First Avenue Career Expo
- Volunteer Opportunities
1. When should students start using Willamette Career Development?
It is never too early to start thinking about career development. The earlier students start addressing career issues, the more successful they will be. We encourage students to start using our services as soon as they can. We offer programs and services which they can take advantage of all four years.
2. What does Willamette Career Development offer?
The services are endless. Our office provides assistance in life and career preparation. We offer many services to help your student become a strong candidate. Some of these services are:
- Info sessions and individual help with resumes and cover letter writing, interviewing, job-search skills
- Individual vocational discernment and career advising
- Industry-specific guides and career-related periodicals
- Testing preparation
- Internship opportunities
- Peace Corps & Teach for America information
- JET & KET program literature
- On-campus recruiter visits
- CareerTalk e-newsletter
- Government & Non-Profit opportunities
- Alumni networking resources
- Opportunity Fair
- First Avenue Career Expo
- Etiquette guidance
- Referral to other Important Campus Resources
- Online services:
- Skills assessments
- Career & job search databases
- What can I do with this Major?
- Handshake, online job board
- Optimal Resume
- Alumni Networking Opportunities
3. What can you do to help the Willamette Career Development?
Help us develop internships, part-time, full-time and summer job opportunities. Provide us with contact information for decision-makers where you work. Encourage your student to visit Willamette Career Development early to take advantage of all we have to offer. We want to be an integral part of their life while they are at Willamette. To find out more information read our Parents Brochure.
4. Willamette University Parent Website
Receive up-to-date information at https:/www.willamette.edu/parents/index.html
5. Additional Information for Parents
Oregon’s Partnership for Occupational and Career Information (POCI) undertook a project to deliver career information directly to a parent audience in order to better address two of its goals:
- Improve parent access to information and planning resources that relate educational preparation to career goals and expectations.
- Equip teachers, administrators, and counselors with the knowledge and skills needed to assist parents with occupational information, career exploration, and educational opportunities and financing.
6. Post a Position or Internship
Willamette University is interested in helping you to successfully fill your available positions. Willamette students are interested in short-term and part-time employment and internships during their four years at Willamette, and long-term career opportunities after graduation.
If you would like to find out more information about the services that we can offer you, visit our Recruiting Policies and Services listed below or contact our office at 503-370-6413 or Connie Ralph at email@example.com.
Handshake – Willamette University’s Online Job Board
We are proud to introduce our new online job board, Handshake. With Handshake, employers can post jobs to our job board with just a click of a button. In addition, Handshake allows employers to maintain, edit, and post jobs at any time.
Recruiters are encouraged to register with Handshake. First-time users will be required to create an account. Any questions regarding this process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What is an Internship?
8. First Avenue Career Expo
OLAPC Oregon Liberal Arts Placement Consortium (OLAPC) career & graduate fair is hosted by nine liberal arts schools each spring.
9. Volunteer Opportunities
Direct opportunities to our Community Service Learning staff at email@example.com