Social media doesn’t happen in a vacuum. The Office of Marketing and Communications invites you to help create a vibrant Bearcat social-media community.
- Send news and post ideas of universitywide interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your submission is directed toward a specific audience, check the university’s Social Media Directory for a page that best fits your idea and contact the page’s administrator.
- Apply to take over the university’s Snapchat account.
- Share your photos of Willamette’s clubs, activities, academics, athletics and arts in action on social media. Tag Willamette University or the applicable social account in your posts. Use hashtags.
- Submit your events to the university calendar.
- Calendar listings receive first consideration for use on Willamette’s social media, are automatically listed in Today@Willamette and are featured in event feeds on the university’s website and publications.
- Local news outlets and blogs check the calendar for story ideas.
- After submitting an event to the university calendar, send an email to email@example.com.
- Include the link to the calendar listing, so you don’t have to retype the information.
- Attach and include pertinent images, graphics and links. Name the owners of the images or videos, and whether you and the university have their written permission to use the items on the university’s social media. Generally, if you received promotional images and videos in a press release, you have permission to use them to promote the corresponding event.
- Read and utilize the university’s Social Media Guidelines and social-media photo resources.