- Button text should be action-oriented and begin with a strong verb like "Register" or "Download"
- Good examples: “Register Now” or “Learn More” or “Download the Presentation”
- Don’t use “Click Here” for button text
- Button text should be brief, one or two words is best (not more than five)
- Use the button style sparingly and only on text that is on a line by itself, not within a paragraph.
New students can Register now for fall classes.
Make a Button
First, follow the instructions on adding or editing a link.
In the Insert/Edit Link window, click the Class drop down menu and select Button.
Click the Insert button to save settings.
The link will be blue and have an underline in the WYSIWYG view.
Submit to save changes. The button will show in View mode.
Apply the button class to paragraph text. If it’s applied to text that is formatted as a heading, a small light blue (mostly invisible) arrow will show to the right of the button text.