Accommodations for pregnant students are available. Submit a CARE report online or contact the Student CARE and Conduct Manager in the Division of Student Affairs to arrange accommodations and support.
- Student CARE and Conduct Manager: Tori Ruiz
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 503-370-6447
Pregnant and parenting students have rights under Title IX to receive an education free of discrimination. If you have questions about your rights or are curious about your options for support on campus, contact the Director of the Gender Resource & Advocacy Center.
- Director of the Gender Resource & Advocacy Center: Lisa Logan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 503-375-5361
Students can also contact the University Title IX Coordinator with questions about arranging accommodations, expressing concerns, or compliance-related matters.
- Title IX Coordinator: Ann James
- Email: TitleIXemail@example.com
A lactation room is a private and comfortable space where a nursing parent can nurse their baby or pump their breast milk for a later feeding.
On-campus, lactation rooms are located in Bishop Wellness Center 124, Law Library 129, and the University Services Building 101. You can locate these rooms on the campus map.
Pregnant and parenting students can build community in a variety of ways on campus. Student centers like the Gender Resource & Advocacy Center and the Student Center for Equity and Empowerment have comfortable open areas with couches, study space, wi-fi access and small refrigerator and microwave options that welcome children and families.
A formal student organization for parenting students in the Graduate School of Law has been created. Find out more information here.
Bishop Wellness Center
Dedicated to promoting the overall well-being of students at Willamette, Bishop offers both medical and counseling services. Pregnancy tests and referrals to prenatal care providers are available to students at Bishop. Managing the stress of being pregnant and/or parenting while attending school can be challenging at times. Bishop offers counseling appointments throughout the semester including same-day, walk-in appointments. Students covered by the Willamette Student Health Insurance plan can seek coverage for prenatal care and childbirth as well as coverage for dependents. For specific insurance questions, contact SaVannah Kraal: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, family housing is not available on campus.
Child Care Resources and Referrals:
- Oregon Child Care Resource and Referral Network
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency
- Oregon Licensing Standards for Day Care
- Childcare Providers: This is a list of local daycare/childcare providers compiled from referrals by Willamette Faculty and Staff.
Schools K - 12 Resources and Information:
- Salem Schools - Public and Private
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, District 24J
- Oregon Charter School Resource Center
- Oregon Department of Education
- Marion County Private Elementary Schools