Changes to Health Services
Most initial health appointments will be in person. Students may utilize appointments via Zoom when mutually agreed upon with the provider. For telehealth appointments, Bishop Wellness Center is using Zoom for Health Care, a video platform designed for health care providers. All audio/video communication is securely encrypted and transmitted from point-to-point such that even Zoom does not have access to any identifiable health information that may be communicated. Students can choose to schedule phone calls with providers as well.
To schedule an appointment, please visit the front desk or call 503-370-6062. If you need an appointment urgently, please let the front desk know you are requesting an immediate appointment.
You do not need the student insurance to use Bishop Wellness Center. We see students regardless of insurance coverage.
Services offered include:
- Preventative, primary, urgent, and follow-up care for illnesses, conditions, and issues common to the college population.
- Ear and eye problems
- Skin problems
- Stomach problems
- STI checks
- Birth control prescriptions and refills
- Sexual health issues, including possible urinary tract infections
- Coughs, respiratory and sinus infections, and flu
- Emergency Contraception (Plan B)
- No office visit fee for covered services
- Fees are charged for lab work, supplies, medications, and physicals (All covered expenses are billed to the Willamette Student Health Insurance Policy or billed to Student Account)
- Students are seen by appointment
- For an appointment, call 503-370-6062. Our fax number is 503-375-5420.
*Bishop Wellness Center isn't able to schedule appointments for Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) and Worker Comp Injuries.
Students with other health needs will be referred off campus as appropriate.
Importantly, Bishop Wellness Center does not provide “notes” for absences from class. If you are ill and unable to attend class, please communicate with your professor to make up any missed work as your earliest convenience.
Bishop Wellness Center does not provide services to Willamette faculty or staff, or dependents of students.
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
The staff and providers of Bishop Wellness Center are committed to creating a safe, welcoming, and affirming environment for all. This includes students who access our services as well as all individuals who are part of larger Willamette community. We view diversity as encompassing intersecting identities, including ethnic/racial identity, nationality, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, socioeconomic status, age, body shape/size, ability, and point of view. We celebrate the differences among individuals as valuable and essential to the strengthening of our community and to the enrichment of the lives of our students. We acknowledge that this is a work in progress which will continue to evolve.
Sexual Assault Response
Comprehensive resources for sexual assault and interpersonal violence can be found at https://willamette.edu/notalone.