International students and scholars
International students and scholars, including J-2 or F-2 family members, are required to have health insurance while at Willamette. Good health insurance helps protect your ability to continue your study by managing healthcare costs.
Willamette University (WU) provides a mandatory health insurance plan through PacificSource Health Plans.
You and your dependents are automatically enrolled.
Note, this a medical plan only. Dental is NOT included for adults (over age 18).
It is reasonably priced for the high level of coverage it provides.
- Meets U.S. Affordable Care Act requirements.
- Meets "J" visa health insurance requirements, including medical evacuation and repatriation of remains.
Enrollment & billing to your WU student account are done via the Office of International Education.
- Enrollment is on an annual period. Cost is billed to you in two pieces: once at the beginning of each semester. See the Cost table below for details.
- One semester exchange students: You are billed only for the term you attend Willamette.
- Note: Insurance does not cover 100% of healthcare costs. You pay the cost of the insurance (table below) plus you pay the healthcare provider for costs/balances that insurance does not cover. These costs are called: co-pay, deductible, coinsurance, non-covered or excluded costs, out-of-network costs, etc. Purchasing insurance is a cost in addition to any of these balances.
2023-2024 PacificSource Student Health Plan
|Student||$ 3,456*||$ 1,503*||$ 1,953*|
|Spouse**||$ 3,356||$ 1,453||$ 1,903|
|each Child**||$ 3,356||$ 1,453||$ 1,903|
*Includes $50 per semester administrative fee. No administrative fee for Dependents.
** Dependents can only enroll if student/scholar is also enrolled.
Costs will be reversed if a waiver request is approved.
Waiver Request Deadlines
Mon, September 11, 2023
|Academic year or Fall only students|
Mon, January 29, 2024
|Spring waiver applies only if your first term at Willamette is spring 2024. Thereafter your deadline will be in fall.|