Fall Deadline: September 13, 2021
*All eligible Willamette Students will be enrolled in and charged for the Willamette Student Health Insurance Policy every academic year.
Step 1: Register for Classes
You must actively be registered for classes for the 2021-2022 academic year before starting the online request for the waiver process. If you are not registered for classes, you will not be able to request a waiver using the online system.
Step 2: Visit the PacificSource Health Plans website between July 19, 2021 and September 13, 2021.
Once you register for classes, you will be eligible to request a waiver from July 19, 2021 through September 13, 2021.
Step 3: Read over the Waiver Criteria to make sure this is the right option for you.
*Once the waiver is submitted, the waiver can take up to 2 weeks to verify insurance coverage. If the waiver is approved you will receive a confirmation email on your Willamette Email Account letting you know the credit will be posted within a week.
All requests to waive the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan must be completed online by the student. Make sure you have all the required information before beginning.
- Have a copy of your Health Insurance ID Card prior to beginning the waiver request.
- Go to the PacificSource Health Plans website
- Click on Waive coverage for domestic students.
- Follow the directions for entering your Insurance Information and submit to PacificSource Health Plans.
- PacificSource Health Plans will verify insurance with your current carrier and notify Student Accounts to remove the insurance premium from your Student Account once the waiver has been approved.
Please contact the Student Insurance Office or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
*Enrollment/waivers for eligible students meeting the corresponding credit hours is/are annual and will apply for the entire 2021-2022 policy year. Students who waive/enroll Fall 2021 semester are choosing to waive/enroll for both Fall and Spring semester (if eligible both Fall and Spring semester based on credit requirement), the opportunity to waive/enroll will NOT be provided again in Spring 2022 semester. Spring open enrollment and waiver period is only applicable to new incoming students or students NOT enrolled in classes Fall 2021 semester. Late enrollment or waiver requests will not be accepted, no exceptions.
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
Criteria for waiving the health insurance requirement (2021-2022 Academic Year):
- Do you have current active coverage, agree to maintain this coverage throughout the 2021-2022 academic year, and agree to notify the Bishop Student Insurance Office if your insurance terminates for any reason?
- I understand that by waiving the Willamette Student Health Insurance Plan, I can still obtain services at Bishop Wellness Center.
- Does your plan provide inpatient and outpatient medical care in Oregon?
- If you are enrolled in a HMO plan that does not meet this requirement you will be asked to formally acknowledge that you understand you may have to return home for uncovered services.
For International Students
Consult the International Student Health Insurance for enrollment and waiver instructions.