You may purchase group auto, home, and personal property liability insurance through California Casualty. Higher Ed group discount, top quality service and exclusive policy features designed for your profession - and your life. California Casualty has over 60 years experience specializing in auto and home insurance for education professionals like you. Call 1.866.680.5143 or click here for a quote.
Liberty Mutual offers Willamette University employees special discounted group rates on auto and homeowner insurance. Call Iain Cryer at 1-877-443-6060 for a quote.
- Emergencies, surgeries, tests, treatments, and prescriptions
- Hospitalizations, outpatient care, cancer treatment, MRI, CAT scans, x-rays, and lab tests
- Teeth cleaning, vaccinations and spay/neuter
- Dermatologists, ophthalmologists and holistic care
- Cone Chapel is the center for religious worship and expression on campus. Religious groups on campus are encouraged to use the Chapel facilities. Located on the second floor of Waller Hall, Cone Chapel also hosts musical events, special lectures and convocations. Faculty, staff and students may reserve Cone Chapel for weddings at the current applicable charge.
All Willamette employees are eligible to become members and receive the services of the Marion and Polk Schools (MAPS) Credit Union.
Contact InformationPhone: 800-688-0181
Group #: Willamette University
Services available include checking and savings accounts, VISA card, insurance, and loan programs. Mortgage and/or loan payments may be made through payroll deduction. Credit Union information is available from the Human Resources Office. For convenience, MAPS maintains an on-campus branch on the first floor of the University Center. Direct deposit to your account in the Credit Union is available.
Willamette offers two employee assistance programs (EAP) and both are paid for by the University for our faculty, staff, and their families who may encounter professional and/or personal challenges.
Cascade Centers Contact Information
Group #: willametteuniversity
Counseling Office Address:
4060 Macleay Road SE, Suite A
Salem, OR 97317
WorkLifeMatters Contact Information
User name: Matters
All services provided by Cascade Centers, Inc. and their Self-Help website, are strictly confidential. Use is neither tracked electronically nor reported to Willamette University, except in the aggregate. A vital part of the program's success is its confidentiality, and participation will be treated in accordance with all state and federal laws. Faculty, staff, and their families may receive five (5) free counseling sessions per year, per incident (e.g. work issues/conflicts, depression, stress management).
- Counseling: Available 24/7 for crisis or non-crisis situations (marital issues, work issues, depression, stress, grief, and others)
- Cascade Personal Advantage: A resource to help employees and families manage the stress present in family and work lives
- Work/Family Life: Assist you with locating resources and information related to managing your personal and professional life
- Cascade Personal Wellness: Unlimited access to wellness coaches for assistance in making lifestyle changes - fitness, smoking cessation, or chronic conditions
- Identity Theft: Unlimited phone consultations for ID theft, recovery, support and prevention
- Financial Consultations: 30-days of unlimited, free assistance with financial planning, budgeting, investments, credit counseling, loans/mortgages, and social security
- Childcare: Infant to college-age information and resources for childcare, education, parenting, and adoption
- Eldercare: Assistance in finding the solutions to the aging needs of parents and ourselves - housing, home health, community services, legal, and medical concerns
- Legal Consultations: Employees and family members may receive one initial 30-minute office or telephone consultation per separate legal matter at no cost. If legal services are retained, then you will receive a 25% rate reduction off the attorney's normal hourly rate.
- The Line: An anonymous information line available to employees and their dependents who are seeking information about general mental health and EAP services
- Home Ownership Program: A no cost, no obligation consultation program for those looking to buy, sell, or refinance
- Concierge Services: Cascade will retrieve information and resources to alleviate stress from your busy life
With WorkLifeMatters, your confidential employee assistance program through Guardian and Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH), you don’t have to face life’s challenges alone. WorkLifeMatters provides support and guidance for matters that range from personal issues you might be facing to providing information on everyday topics that affect your life. You have unlimited access to consult with a professional counselor via telephone.
Face-to-face counseling sessions are available, if needed, with an IBH network provider — and up to three sessions are free of charge as part of WorkLifeMattersSM. For legal and financial topics, you are eligible to receive a free initial 30 minute office or telephone consultation with an attorney or seasoned financial professional and certified public accountant (CPA). Local referrals are available for more complex legal or financial issues for a fee. A variety of training resources — webinars, videos, and PowerPoint presentations — are also available to help you manage your quality of life. WorkLifeMatters Employee Assistance Program Flyer
Many vendors offer discounts to Willamette employees. Contact information is provided below for obtaining the most up-to-date information on the discounts. To obtain a discount, you must let the vendor know you are an employee of the University by providing a valid, current Willamette identification card. If you are aware of other vendors who would like to be added to the list, please have them contact email@example.com
Willamette University in no way endorses the products or specifically supports the patronage of the vendors/products listed.
Discount at Willamette Store
10% Discount on Willamette Store purchases (except textbooks)
CHP Active and Healthy
With CHP Active and Healthy, you'll save money on hundreds of fitness, wellness, and entertainment activities. To take advantage of these great deals, go to www.chpactiveandhealthy.com. After you create an account, you can choose from thousands of offers.
Working Advantage Discount Network
All employees have exclusive access to the Working Advantage discount network which allows you to save up 60% on ticketed events and online shopping. To subscribe, you may access the Working Advantage Website by opening the custom flyer attached, or by clicking here: www.workingadvantage.com. When opening an individual account you will need the Willamette University ID #464489588
Go to this website: https://businesssolutions.sprint.com/save/
- Click on Student and faculty discounts > Get discounts through your school
- Enter WU email address
- Click Submit
- From the Select your Company pull-down, choose WSCA STATE OF OREGON HIGHER EDUCATION
- Click Submit
- Click Shop now
Go to this website and enter your work email address: https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/
Go to this website and enter your work email address: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/iru-check-for-discount.html
Willamette University encourages long-range financial planning and offers reimbursement for costs incurred for financial planning advice provided by a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
Full-time benefit eligible employees may receive reimbursement for two hours of financial planning consultation for a value of up to $300, every 12 months.
Eligible employees may apply for reimbursement by presenting a paid receipt for costs associated with long-term financial planning advice by a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to the Office of Human Resources. Costs associated with product transactions should be identified separately and are not eligible for reimbursement under this program. Reimbursement amounts are considered taxable income and will be shown as “supplemental pay” on the employee’s earnings statement.
Tips on Choosing a Financial Planner
While the Human Resource Office is not prepared to recommend a specific Certified Financial Planners (CFP), the following comments are intended to provide some guidance to employees who are seeking financial planning services.
Look for someone with solid experience (at least five years, preferably more) in the financial planning field, or at the very least with strong experience in the related fields of insurance or securities. The person you choose should have a good knowledge of tax laws, the financial products available in the marketplace today (not just the ones your planner may sell), retirement plan options, and a broad spectrum of investments in general. Find a CFP® Professional Today.
Financial planners are paid in one of three ways:
- A flat fee is charged, based on the client's needs.
- Commissions are earned from the products they sell.
- A combination of both.
You should know in advance how your financial planner is to be compensated. Sometimes a flat-fee arrangement may be the most expensive. However, you need to know how much of a planner's compensation is to be derived from products you buy in order to decide whether it is better to buy the product carrying a commission or to pay a flat fee to the planner. Also, it is important to remember that the potential for a conflict of interest is greater if the fee is commission driven.
Don't hesitate to request the names of several clients, both long term and short term. Then call the references and ask how satisfied they were with the financial planner's work.
Financial planning is a broad field, and not all planners are qualified in all areas. Try to be sure that the planner you are choosing is knowledgeable in the areas in which you are interested (e.g., estate planning, investment management, overall financial planning, and so on).
The University provides employees and students a variety of dining and snack options on campus including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Meals and snacks are available in the Goudy Commons dining facility and the Cat Cavern located on the second floor of the University Center, Rick's cafe, and the Kaneko Dining Room. For your convenience, your Willamette ID card can also be used as a debit card, and the food service provider will give a 10% rebate added back to your account for food purchases made during the previous month. Please see Compass Card page for further information.
Group #: 00510968
It takes a lot to beat a serious illness. Unfortunately, it can also cost a lot. When you or a family member suffers a serious illness like a stroke or heart attack, Critical Illness Insurance can help with expenses that medical insurance doesn't cover like deductibles or out of pocket costs, or services like experimental treatment. Critical Illness supplements your medical and your disability income insurance. The lump sum benefit is paid when you need it most, upon diagnosis, so you can rest assured that you will have funds to offset upcoming out of pocket costs, and that you'll have the flexibility to elect treatments with less worry about the cost. Read this overview document and watch this short video for an overview, and review your Guardian Critical Illness Benefits for coverage options.
Accidents happen every day. Did you know almost 39 million emergency room visits a year are due to an injury? If you were injured from an accident, chances are you will have expenses that you were not anticipating - will you be prepared? Accident Insurance can help you deal with those expenses. Benefit payments can help you with your medical deductibles and co-pays, and cover household expenses like groceries, mortgage payments, and childcare, which can begin to pile up if you have to take some time off from work. Read more about the program in this overview document and watch this short video, then check out the Guardian Accident Benefits for full coverage details.
Willamette University has partnered with Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. to allow benefit eligible employees and their families the opportunity to receive some additional personal protection with legal and financial concerns as well as Identity Theft Protection.
Group #: willametteuniversity
- Unlimited telephone consultation
- Phone calls and letters on your behalf
- Contract and document review
- Will Preparation
- Motor vehicle / traffic violation coverage
- Civil lawsuit protection (including pre-trial and trial time)
- IRS tax audit protection
- 25% discount on other services
- Protects your right to remain silent
- Attorney representation 24/7
- Credit Reports
- Continuous credit monitoring for all activity
- Restoration reimbursement
- Identity restoration
- Legal Shield
- Employee Only: $16.95 per month
- Employee + Family: $18.95 per month
- Employee Only: $9.95 per month
- Employee + Family: $18.95 per month
- Legal Shield + IDShield Bundle
- Employee Only: $25.90 per month
- Employee + Family: $33.89 per month
- With a WU ID, faculty and staff are eligible to borrow materials including books, videos, DVDs, books on tape and to access electronic books, journals and databases from on and off campus. For more information, visit University Libraries.
John Hancock discontinued selling group LTC policies in 2010. The below information is for employees that enrolled prior to the closure and hold legacy accounts.
Long Term Care Insurance (LTC) provides support and financial resources that help cover the cost of long-term care in the event of an illness, accident, or through the normal effects of aging.
Group #: Willamette
- Many WU staff members have the authority and have expressed a willingness to notarize documents for the University community at no charge. For more information, please contact HR.
Full-time benefit eligible staff who work for at least 10 years are eligible for a one-time cash out of a portion of accumulated sick leave benefits based on the formula described below and paid into their retirement plan. To request this payment into the retirement plan, the employee must retire and be over 55 years of age, or have 30 years of service to the University, and inform the institution at least six months prior to retirement of their intentions.
In calculating the credit to be paid to the retirement plan, Human Resources will subtract 520 hours from the total remaining unused sick leave the employee has accumulated, divide that total by three (3) and multiply that by the employee’s hourly rate. That amount, not to exceed $5,000, will be credited as a one-time lump sum payment to the employee's retirement plan.
The university has arranged for employees traveling on official university business to be covered for a wide variety of accidents and incidents while away from the campus or primary workplace. The cost of the plan is paid for by the University.
How do I get access to these benefits?
Please go to the URL listed below and click on the “Sign Up Now” link in the gray box on the right. This will take you to a registration page where you can register for your trip using the below Username and Password.
Group #: ADD NO4851092
In addition to the insurance protection provided by your insurance plan, ACE USA has arranged with our Assistance Provider to provide you with access to its travel assistance services around the world. These services include:
- Medical Assistance including referral to a doctor or medical specialist, medical monitoring when you are hospitalized, emergency medical evacuation to an adequate facility, medically necessary repatriation and return of mortal remains.
- Personal Assistance including pre-trip medical referral information and while you are on a trip: emergency medication, embassy and consular information, lost document assistance, emergency message transmission, emergency cash advance, emergency referral to a lawyer, translator or interpreter access, verifies medical benefits and assists with medical claims process.
- Travel Assistance including emergency travel arrangements, arrangements for the return of your traveling companion or dependents and vehicle return.
- Security Assistance including a crisis hotline and on the ground security assistance to help address safety concerns or to secure immediate assistance while traveling as well as access to a secure, web-based system for tracking global threats and health or location based risk intelligence.
Willamette University believes in the value of education, whether for self-improvement, social advancement, or as a means for improving knowledge, skills, and abilities for success at work. One of the many outstanding benefits afforded to full-time employees of Willamette University is our Tuition Remission and Exchange program.
- Willamette Admission
- Employee Tuition Application
- Employee Graduate School Taxability FAQ
- Dependent Child Tuition Application
- Dependent Child Benefit Guidelines
- Spouse Tuition Application
- Great Lakes Tuition Exchange Form
Tuition Benefits for Employees
Become a Bearcat! As a benefit eligible employee, you are eligible after six (6) months of service for undergraduate coursework and after three (3) years of service for graduate coursework. Tuition remission is provided for one course per semester at 100% and any additional courses at 50%. As of November 1, 2019, enrollment for graduate coursework is limited to 9 credits or less per semester. You must go through the full admission process and be admitted to the school subject to regular admission standards. The tuition remission program is non-taxable for undergraduate coursework, and non-taxable for graduate coursework up to the IRS limit of $5,250 per calendar year. Graduate tuition benefits provided in excess of $5,250 in the tax year are accounted as a taxable benefit to employees such that they will need to pay taxes on these amounts as if they received the dollar value of the benefit in cash. Taxability FAQ
Tuition Benefits for Dependent Children
Send your child to Willamette! Your dependent child(ren) is eligible to take advantage of tuition remission or exchange after you complete five (5) years of full-time service. Service credit is available for your service at other institutions of higher education. Your child(ren) can receive Willamette's full tuition for eight (8) semesters of undergraduate education. Your child(ren) must go through the full admission process and be admitted to the school subject to regular admission standards. Age and dependency limits apply.
Willamette also provides the option of receiving this benefit through participation in the national Tuition Exchange program and the Great Lakes Colleges Association (GLCA) Tuition Remission Exchange (TRE) program. A 15% participation fee based on the mean tuition charge of participating schools must be paid by the student to the GLCA. Combined, these exchange programs provide options for tuition benefits for dependent children at over 600 schools throughout the U.S.
Tuition Benefits for Spouse/Partner
Would your spouse/partner like to go to Willamette? Willamette University also provides tuition benefits for attendance in Willamette's undergraduate College of Arts & Sciences for spouse/partner of employees. These benefits are provided on the same terms as those provided to employees, one class (up to 4 hours/week) per semester/term at 100% tuition remission and any additional courses at 50% of tuition. Tuition remission for graduate program courses are not available to spouse/partners.
Tax Free Dependent Child & Spouse/Partner Tuition Benefits
Tuition exchange for dependent children is a tax free benefit, however, it is critical that the student maintain dependency status under the parent/employee's tax returns during the full period of receipt of benefits. Undergraduate tuition remission for spouse/partners is likewise tax free.
Passes for employees and their families to attend home athletic events are available either at a discount or free of charge from the Athletics ticket office.
Willamette University Human Resources provides eligible employees with a Sparks Membership benefit. This benefit permits employees, their spouses and dependent, still living at home, between 18-23 years old, to use Sparks Athletic & Recreation Center. Please be advised that towel service is not available and a $15 replacement fee will be charged for re-issuance of any lost membership cards. Membership is open only to eligible employee family members. Additional non-eligible users must purchase membership.
Employees are also eligible to purchase, at a reduced-price, season passes for theater productions from the Theater Department and complimentary passes and reduced-price tickets for many musical performances can be obtained from the Music Department.
Employees also gain access to the Hallie Ford Museum of Art Willamette University ID card.