The purpose of the Benefits Advisory Committee is two-fold:
- Dissemination of information back to other groups
- Generation of "ideas" and review of possible options for benefits changes that impact the total rewards program for faculty and staff
This is not a decision-making committee, but it does influence the benefits that are made available to Willamette faculty and staff and serves as a focus group for considerations.
The Benefit Advisory Committee is often the first group of people to see presentations from new prospective benefit vendors. A secondary focus, historically, has been on our Wellness programs. As a result, this committee has undoubtedly had a positive influence on Willamette's benefit programs and offerings to faculty and staff over the years.
If you think you might be interested in serving on the committee in the future, contact Human Resources to discuss the nature of the commitment and potential meeting schedules.
Benefit Advisory Committee Members
- Leslie Berning – Executive Support Assistant, Atkinson Dean's Office
- Warren Binford – Associate Professor of Law and Director, Clinical Law Program
- Danita Chapin - Benefits Manager, Human Resources
- Laura Taylor- Associate Professor of Economics
- Fritz Ruehr - Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Gretchen Moon – Associate Dean for Student Success; Professor of English
- Dana Monaghan - Assistant Vice President for Human Resources
- Angela Murphy – Payroll Manager, Human Resources
- Kenneth Pifer – Controller, Finance & Accounting
- Kawika Pierson – Assistant Professor of Accounting and Quantitative Methods
- Shana Sechrist – Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management; Deputy General Counsel
- Eddie Ulshafer – Electrician, Building Maintenance
- Daniel Valles – Vice President for Finance and Treasurer