Chinese word processing in the LLC
The LLC at Willamette University, in the World Languages Studio of the first floor of Ford, is a mac lab with 18 macs, and 10 PC laptops.
Typing in Chinese
(For a Microsoft Word English (United States) Keyboard)
Select Chinese (PRC) from the bottom right side of the toolbar menu.
In the language menu bar, click on Context menu and select properties to check
the settings for Simplified Chinese IME . It is recommended to select sentence
mode, full pinyin, and incomplete choices. Leaning and user-defined phrase
should be enabled.
Type pinyin in a sentence. The computer will automatically select characters.
The underlined sentence means choices are available. Press enter to confirm the
Press the shift key to switch from Chinese and English input.
Press ctrl+space to switch between the Chinese keyboard and English keyboard.
Use the soft keyboard feature for rare punctuation. (See "Tone marks onto pinyin")
Tone marks onto pinyin
- To use the proofreading tools to proofread in Chinese, highlight the selected
text for proofreading, then go to the "Tools" menu, select "Language" and
click on "Set language."
- Select "Chinese" from the dialog box that appears.
- Click on "Spelling and Grammar" under the "Tools" menu to proofread the selected text.
- Change the language indicator in the task bar to Chinese (CH).
- Choose the soft keyboard icon from the language bar.
- Right click on the soft keyboard when it appears on your screen.
- Choose Pinyin when the vertical menu appears with options for the soft
- Click on the desired letter with the desired Pinyin tone mark.
Edit off-line phrase tool
While entering a phrase in a document, select it while underlined and press Enter.