Office of International Education
During business hours:
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, Pacific Time- year round.
- Winter closure of university: Use contact information for Non-Business Hours. This is usually one week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Phone: +1-503-375-5493
- If you reach voicemail, PLEASE leave a message AND proceed to other contact avenues.
- Staff numbers can be found here.
Non-Business Hours, emergency contact:
Willamette University Campus Safety: +1-503-370-6911
The Campus Safety/Service Center is open 24 hours a day/365 days a year. In an emergency, an OIE staff member will be contacted by Campus Safety.
For students who are abroad
Immediate personal safety and health are at risk:
- Your first emergency contact should be with an on-site support staff or local emergency officials if possible. This is so you can get the most appropriate help as quickly as possible.
When you call Willamette University, ask the name of the person to whom you are speaking, then give that person the following information - speak slowly and clearly:
- SAY: "I am calling from abroad (country) and I am a participant on a Willamette University study abroad program";
- your name;
- your location - city&country and program. Also helpful if you are in a homestay - the street address and the family name.
- the type of help you are requesting and urgency;
- a brief explanation of the problem;
- how you can be contacted (phone number, Skype, What's App, e-mail address)- give as many options as available;
- the names and contact info (if possible) of those you have already contacted for assistance, even if you have not yet received a response from them. This could be on-site staff, your parents/other personal supporters, first responders, other WU staff.
We will try to contact you as soon as possible. Please record the date and time that you called and the name of the person to whom you spoke so we can follow up more easily if needed.
In general we respond to email during business hours only. Email is not a primary way to contact us in a time-sensitive situation. If you have an urgent or emergent need, use other contact routes for OIE first then please ALSO email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as a way to document any additional details.