Off-Campus University-Sanctioned Events
If you are holding a Willamette University sanctioned event at an off-campus location that is requiring a Certificate of Liability Insurance be provided in order to utilize their facilities, please fill out the Certificate Request Form and send with an attached copy of the space rental agreement to Risk Management at email@example.com. For questions, please contact Danita Chapin at 503-375-5443, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Campus University-Sanctioned Events
Willamette University does carry insurance that will cover most University-sanctioned events. However, some events fall into higher risk categories that may require the purchase of a TULIP policy also known as Special Events Insurance. These situations are determined by the University Facilities and Events Committee (or UFEC). A few examples of instances that may require additional insurance be purchased:
- Event involves inflatables, mechanical bulls or other party rentals
- Contracted artist/speaker cannot provide required insurance as stated on Performance Contract
- Large recreational activity which involves the surrounding community members such as a 5-k walk/run, a triathlon, or a sporting tournament
- Events that invite persons under 18 years of age, persons who are not Willamette community members and/or events where alcohol is served.
For more information regarding how to purchase a TULIP policy, use one of the links below to obtain a quote from companies with whom the university currently has a relationship in place to provide insurance at the University required levels.
Off-Campus Patrons Renting University Facilities for their Event
The University requires all off-campus groups renting facilities at Willamette provide a Certificate of Insurance that provides proof of liability insurance for the specified event. The minimum limit of liability coverage is one million dollars per occurrence for non-sporting events and two million per occurrence for sporting. The policy should cover spectators and participants and should name the University as an additional insured. The policy must be received by the sponsoring department prior to the event or by the date specified on the User's contract.
For more information regarding how to purchase a TULIP policy you can use one of the links below to obtain a quote from companies with whom the university currently has a relationship in place to provide insurance at the University required levels.
The University currently utilizes three companies on a regular basis for obtaining TULIP coverage.
- Urmia Tenant User Program - Urmia is a great source for a quick online quote. Insurance can be purchased online with a non-university issued credit card and Certificate copies are submitted directly to the Scheduling Office upon purchase. You will need to complete a short registration and provide the Institution Code in order to obtain the proper required levels of insurance needed. Institution Code: 4331
- Campus Connexions - Campus Connexions is a resource for TULIP coverage provided directly from the same company insuring Willamette. They are familiar with our facilities and offer an online application and full Customer Support Services.
- totaleventinsurance.com - This company is completely online-based and allows for quick quotes on higher risk events not covered by other insurance companies.