Information about CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
- On April 10, 2020 Willamette University signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Willamette University received $1,509,234 in Section 18004(a)(1) funds, $754,617 (50%) pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of March 31, 2021, $1,295,869 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants have been distributed to students; $745,069 of the Student Portion and $550,800 of the Institutional Portion.
- An estimated 1,996 students are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of March 31, 2021, 771 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The University identified students who incurred additional costs due to early departure from University housing. The amount of the Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act was based on the date of their early departure.
- Instructions, directions, guidance and the application provided to students for the University’s ongoing Emergency Fund grant program can be found here.