Accessing your Email
Willamette has partnered with Google Apps for Education to provide Email services. You can access to your Willamette Mail in several ways:
- wumail.willamette.edu - on the web. This will take you to the standard Gmail interface. It is also the only way you'll be able to perform administrative actions such as set mail forwarding or vacation responders.
- Using an email program - Although the GMail Web Interface is the preferred way to access your email, programs such as Thunderbird, Outlook, or Mac Mail can be used as well. Many programs are supported but be sure to follow the instructions linked at the beginning of this bullet-point.
- On your mobile device - phones, tablets, etc. Here's how to access your email from those devices.
Managing your account
- Creating an account - Anyone with a Willamette Network Account will have access to Gmail.
- Gmail Settings - Help and instructions about all of the settings in Gmail.
- Setting mail forwarding
- Setting Vacation Auto Response
- Multiple Gmail accounts - tools for accessing multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Adding a signature
Many people are already familiar with Gmail's interface. If you need a refresher or are new to Gmail's look and feel you may find these links useful.
- Understanding the Gmail Interface - links to some of the basics about how Gmail approaches email in general.
Using the Gmail Interface
- Conversation view - What it is, and how to turn it off./li>
- Managing Contacts - Your online address book/contact list in Gmail.
- Searching - Gmail is big on 'search not sort'.
- Receiving messages - tabs, labels, deleting, archiving, searching, spam.
- Sending messages - send, reply, forward, drafts, formatting, attachments, spell check, contacts.
- Using filters - manage the flow of your incoming mail.