FERPA regulations prevent Willamette University from divulging any information about students to the public. This includes your own personal website (see instructions for creating the site). You must grant Willamette permission to expose personal information of your choosing before your website will be viewable.
These instructions walk you through making the correct update to your Fusser's Guide information to allow your public_html site to be visible.
Step #1: Go to Jason. Click on Fusser Guide Update for Students
- Read the page about Fusser's Guide Verification and click the 'click here' link to continue
- Put a check in the box at the top labeled "If this box is checked, the following information (unless blocked) will be listed in the Online Fusser's Guide"
- Uncheck at least one box next to a piece of your personal information.
- Put a Check in the box next to any information you wish to hide from public view (WITS recommends you hide your address and phone #)
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Step #2: Wait. Someone at the Registrar's office must make the final updates. It may take multiple days before your changes are approved.Step #3: You should be able to view your web page by pointing your web browser to: http://www.willamette.edu/~yourusername/