Using a Telephone from a Residence Hall Room

Placing On-Campus Calls - Free

  • Dial the 4-digit extension you wish to call.

Placing Local Calls - Free

  • Dial the 10-digit local telephone number. (Always include the 503 or 971 area code.)

Placing Long Distance Calls

In order to make long distance calls from the telephone in your residence hall room you must use a pre-paid calling card or use a service that accepts credit card payments. There is no university supplied long distance calling from residence hall rooms.

  • Dial the toll free access number for your calling card (usually 1-800 or 1-888)
  • Enter your PIN Number
  • Dial the 10 digit telephone number, or for international calls, dial 0, the country code and the number. (Note that not all calling cards permit international calls)

Placing Toll Free Calls

  • Dial 1-800, 1-888, or 1-877 and the toll free number

Placing Calls to Individuals with Hearing Impairments

  • Dial 711
    • You will be connected to a Communications Assistant who will relay the call to the number you specify
Willamette University

Willamette Integrated Technology Services

900 State Street
Salem Oregon 97301 U.S.A.
503-370-6004 voice
503-375-5456 fax

Back to Top