"Audition! Get that part!"
- from Talking With..., Jane Martin
Our auditions are "open." All Willamette and Salem community members are welcome to play!
If you are a theatre major, minor and/or scholarship holder, you are required to audition our Spring productions. Details at bottom of page.*
AUDITION & CALLBACKS
Wayfinding by Whitney Rowland, and Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, 6:30 pm.
Auditions will take place at Willamette’s Pelton Theatre building.
CALLBACKS: Two different evenings
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Callbacks for Wayfinding.
- Friday, Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Callbacks for Twelfth Night.
AUDITION FORM: Please click below and download the Audition form. Once complete, email the form to email@example.com. Submit the form by 4 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021.
TECH SIGNUP: Complete form by 4 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS & TIMES
Before arriving at the Theatre, please visit our Auditions web page and complete the required Audition form.
Please click below and download the Audition form. Once complete, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit the form by 4 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early, 6:30 pm on Dec. 1, or 10 minutes before your called time on Dec 2 and 3. We will be holding to a tight schedule to give everyone maximum opportunity to audition.
- Actors should come to the auditions prepared (memorized!) with two monologues:
- One contemporary monologue of your choice; and
- One Shakespeare monologue of your choice.
- You will have a total audition time of two-and-a-half (2.5) minutes in which to do your two (2) monologues.
TECHNICAL THEATRE SIGN UPS
By 4 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021, please visit our Auditions web page and complete the required Tech form.
ABOUT THE PLAYS
by Whitney Rowland
February 9 – 20, 2022
Directed by Lava Alapai
A fantastical, poignant comedy about Jane, an emotionally-numbed new widow, and Harrison, an inattentive, self-sabotaging fiancé. In seeking escape, these two strangers collide – both literally and figuratively – tangling their life lines and setting them on a time-bending journey involving an intercontinental plane crash, a magical forest, and a choice that leads them both to an unexpected destination.
Rehearsals begin on January 11, 2022.
February 9 – 20, 2022
Wed – Sat, 7:30 pm. Sunday matinees at 2 pm
by William Shakespeare
April 6 – 23, 2022
Directed by Susan Coromel
This enduring comedy about masquerade and identity finds twins Viola and Sebastian shipwrecked and separated. Their journeys home leads them through the land of Illyria, where romance springs at many angles – even impossible triangles. “If music be the food of love, play on!”
Rehearsals begin on February 23, 2022.
April 6 – 23, 2022
Wed – Sat, 7:30 pm.
Matinees: Sunday, April 10 and Saturday, April 23, 2:00 pm
ABOUT OUR CASTING
Willamette University Theatre is committed to providing equal opportunity and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment based upon age, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military and veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, including breastfeeding or medical condition relating to breast feeding, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law.
* Significant involvement in each main stage productions each semester is required of all majors, minors and scholarship students. If you received your scholarship based on an acting audition, you must audition for all main stage shows. If you interviewed as a design/tech student, you are welcome but not required to audition. Significant involvements include acting or a major contribution to technical aspects of the production. The faculty will assign students their production roles. It is the student's responsibility to check with the Production Stage Manager to confirm their assignments to crew positions.