The Finance concentration teaches students how to make financial decisions for organizations within an environment characterized by risk. Students interested in finance have the opportunity to participate in the two-semester course "O'Neill Student Investment Fund" and manage a $500,000 portfolio. Investment students work on an actual investment trading floor which provides real-time access to professional financial information and a board room where students can discuss ideas and make decisions. Students also benefit from the professional, leadership and networking opportunities of the Atkinson Finance Association - a chapter affiliate of the Financial Management Association
Students who choose to pursue a formal concentration in Finance must complete a minimum of three (3) courses from the following list of elective courses with a grade of B (3.0) or higher, and all other requirements for graduation. The final MBA transcript of students who successfully complete these requirements will list "Finance" as a concentration.
- GSM 6206 - Financial Statement Analysis
- GSM 6233 - Credit Risk and Fixed Income
- GSM 6258 - International Finance
- GSM 6264 - Financial Derivatives and Risk Management
- GSM 6280 - Strategic Finance
- GSM 6283 - Corporate Finance
- GSM 6291 - Investments
- GSM 6292A/B - O'Neill Student Investment Fund
- GSM 6293 - Corporate Mergers, Acquisitions
It is possible that a specific course may not be offered in a given year.