Globalization is a megaforce that has fundamentally changed how we live, work, and manage organizations and institutions. Global management issues are integrated throughout the curriculum. The elective courses listed below are recommended for students interested in global management.
Students interested in global management should combine their interest in global management with one or more functional areas of interest to ensure both depth of knowledge in global issues and at least one functional area from which the student will learn and grow as a global manager.
Elective courses in each area of interest are offered every year. It is possible that a specific course may not be offered in a given year and that previous courses will be replaced by new courses.
Recommended Elective Courses
Students may select courses from the list and from other areas of interest to build a customized individual program that meets their specific goals.
- GSM 6011 - International Management
- GSM 6218 - Global HR Management
- GSM 6252 - Global Entrepreneurship: Launching & Managing International Ventures
- GSM 6258 - International Finance
- GSM 6268 - Leadership
- GSM 6269 - Value Chain Management
- GSM 6290 - Foreign Language Study
- GSM 7261G - Global Study
- GSM 7240 or 7241 or 7242 or 7243 or 7244 - International MBA Exchange Study at Bordeaux School of Management, Copenhagen Business School, Strasbourg School of Business or Peking University HSBC Business School.