Kathy Graham worked in the office of Corporate Counsel for Pacific Gas and Electric in San Francisco, Calif., from 1972 to 1977.
Professor Graham joined Willamette University College of Law in 1977 and served as associate dean for academic affairs from 1988 to 2010. During 1985, Professor Graham worked in the Trial Division at the Oregon Attorney General’s Office. She teaches Domestic Relations and Torts. She has written articles and presented CLEs in both areas. She is active in various professional and community organizations, including most recently an appointment to a six member Professional Panel for Analysis of Medical Professional Liability Insurance.
- JD, University of California-Davis, Order of the Coif
- BA, University of California-Berkeley
- "Same-Sex Unions and Conflicts of Law: When 'I Do' May Be Interpreted as 'No'," 4 Whittier J. Child & Fam. Adv. (2004)
- "The Uniform Marital Property Act: A Solution for Common Law Property Systems?," 48 S.D. L. Rev. 455 (2003) (an unpublished article on the conflicts of law issues related to state and country recognition of same-sex marriage).
- "Child Custody in the New Millennium: The ALI's Proposed Model Contrasted with Oregon's Law," 35 Willamette L. Rev. 523 (1999).
- "Last Rights: Oregon's New Death with Dignity Act," 31 Willamette L. Rev. 601 (1995).
- Book Review, Marion Faux, "Roe v. Wade: The Story of the Landmark Supreme Court Decision That Made Abortion Legal," 25 Willamette L. Rev. 725 (1989)
- "Product Liability Cases in Oregon," 11 Journal of Products Liability 85 (1988).
- "1987 Oregon Tort Reform Legislation: True Reform or Mere Restatement?" 24 Willamette L.Rev. 283 (1988).
- "Dispute Resolution in Dissolution Cases: A Marion County Profile," 21 Willamette L. Rev. 551 (1985).
- "Taxation on Transfer of Capital Assets in Divorce: A Proposal for Reform," 19 Willamette L. Rev. 229 (1983).
- Recent Developments in Domestic Relations, Oregon Law Institute, January 1982; January 1983.
- Recent Developments in Tort Law, Oregon Law Institute, January, 1981.
- "Liability of the Social Host for Injuries Caused by the Acts of Intoxicated Guests," 16 Willamette L. Rev. 561 (1980).