International students may be eligible to borrow funds through private educational loan programs. Private loans generally require a cosigner who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. By applying with a creditworthy cosigner, you may improve your likelihood for loan approval and may receive a lower interest rate.

For more information, be sure to read GMAC’s article titled Your Guide to US Graduate Student Loans for International Students that describes what international students need to know about loans and loan programs. Another great source of information for loans and information about loans for international students is Edupass Smart Student Guide for Studying in the USA.

International students who borrow through a private lender should follow the application process of the lender.

Willamette University financial aid personnel and the Willamette MBA admission staff are available to help you with your questions. Contact the MBA admission office at or call 503-370-6167.

Willamette University

Early Career and Career Change MBA

Salem Campus

900 State Street
Salem Oregon 97301 U.S.A.

Back to Top