All applicants to the MBA for Professionals must have:
- a bachelor degree from a U.S. college/university accredited by the appropriate U.S. regional institutional accrediting agency (or an equivalent degree from another country)
- at minimum, 3 years of post-bachelor degree, full-time professional work experience.
Applicants must submit all of the application documents listed below. Documents should be uploaded through the application portal unless otherwise indicated, but they do not need to be submitted all at once; you can save your work and return to your application later.
- Online Application – The completed MBA for Professionals online application.
- Personal Statement - Answering one of two available prompts, the personal statement is an essay that helps the admission committee understand your motivations for seeking an MBA and how you will contribute to the strength of the cohort.
- Professional Resume - Your professional resume should detail your career progression and can include professional achievements and awards.
- Two Recommendations - Two recommendations (one professional and one personal) written by individuals who are familiar with your work performance, professional or leadership experience and character. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted. You will enter your recommenders' contact information in the application portal, and they will receive a hyperlink to give their recommendation.
- GMAT* or GRE Score - An official score from the Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE®), taken within the last five years. The Willamette University code for the GMAT is 3MZ-PZ-34 and the code for the GRE is 1181. (COVID-19 NOTICE: The at-home versions of the GRE and GMAT will be accepted. Conditional admission before exam completion may be available in 2020. Contact us to learn more.)
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts of all academic course work. Transcripts must be mailed or e-mailed directly from your previous institution to the Willamette MBA for Professionals office. Official transcripts submitted by applicants must be received in a sealed envelope and display the appropriate official signature and/or seal of the institution. Applicants whose degree(s) were granted outside of the U.S. must provide their official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate course work accompanied by an English translation of the records and transcripts.
- Admission Interview – Applicants whose completed application materials indicate a potential for a positive admission decision will be invited by the Admission Committee to interview with the Associate Dean/Director of Admission.
Supplemental application materials may be submitted electronically, via email (email@example.com), or by mail to the Willamette University Portland Center:
Willamette University MBA for Professionals
905 NW 12th Avenue, Suite 110
Portland, Oregon 97209
Application Documents Cannot Be Returned
All application materials and documents submitted as part of the application process become the property of the Willamette University MBA program and cannot be returned.