All applicants to the MBA for Professionals must have:
- a bachelor degree from a U.S. college/university accredited by the appropriate U.S. regional institutional accrediting agency (or an equivalent degree from another country)
- at minimum, 3 years of post-bachelor degree, full-time professional work experience.
Applicants must submit all of the application documents listed below. You do not need to complete all of your online application information at once. You may save your work and return to your application later.
- Online Application - Complete the free MBA for Professionals application. You will use the online application to submit general information about yourself, a personal statement, professional resume, and the names of references as described below.
- Personal Statement - The personal statement helps the admission committee understand your motivations for seeking an MBA and how you will contribute to the strength of the cohort.
- Professional Resume - Your professional resume should detail your career progression and can include professional achievements and awards.
- Two References - Provide the names and contact information for two individuals (one professional and one personal) who are familiar with your work performance, professional or leadership experience, and character. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted. Your recommenders will receive a hyperlink to an online recommendation form..
- Official Transcripts - Official transcripts of all academic coursework.. Transcripts must be mailed or emailed directly from your previous institution to the Willamette MBA for Professionals office at email@example.com. Official transcripts submitted directly from applicants must be received in a sealed envelope and display the appropriate official signature and/or seal of the transcript institution. Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be in English or accompanied by an official English translation of the records.
- Admission Interview - Applicants whose completed application materials indicate a potential for a positive admission decision will be invited by the Admission Committee to an interview with the Senior Associate Dean & Director of Admission.
- GMAT or GRE Score* - Official GMAT or GRE score taken within the last five years. The Willamette University MBAP code for the GMAT is 3MZ-PZ-34. The code for the GRE is 1181. Applicants may apply for a waiver to the GMAT/GRE requirement if they meet one of the following criteria:
- completed a doctoral degree,
- completed a master’s degree from an accredited institution with GPA of 3.8 or higher,
- have a satisfactory score on the LSAT or MCAT,
- have 3 years of post-bachelor managerial experience,
- have 8 years of post-bachelor professional experience.
- Supplemental Application Materials - Applicants may submit supplemental information electronically, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Willamette University MBA for Professionals, 200 SW Market Street Lobby - Ste. 101, Portland, OR 97201
All application materials and documents submitted as part of the application process become the property of the Willamette University MBA program and cannot be returned.
If you have questions about the application process or requirements, or would like to speak with an admissions representative, please call (971) 717-7260 or email email@example.com.