The BA/MBA program is only available to qualified students who are enrolled in Willamette University's College of Arts & Sciences.
Students interested in applying for the BA/MBA should do advance planning with their CAS academic advisor, consult with the MBA/CAS advisor liaison Jessica Cardinal Lanier to go over their degree audit, and talk with the MBA admission office about their interests.
The College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) generally requires BA/MBA applicants to have completed at least 92 credits at Willamette (32 credits for transfer students*) and have no more than two required CAS courses (major or general education requirements) remaining by the end of the junior year.
*Transfer students are encouraged to meet with Jessica Cardinal Lanier to
determine the feasibility of completing the BA/MBA based on their individual
The remaining elective credits needed to complete the Bachelor degree will be earned through MBA coursework during the senior year.
- Start the planning process early.
- Tell your CAS major advisor you are interested in the BA/MBA.
- Meet with the MBA Admission staff.
- Plan your course schedules with your CAS major advisor.
- Build experience in organizations: clubs, athletics, internships.
- Take the GMAT or the GRE before spring of your junior year.
- Apply to the BA/MBA during your junior year.
- Discuss your bachelor degree audit with MBA/CAS Advisor Liaison Jessica Cardinal Lanier.
Applying for the BA/MBA
Students who meet the CAS eligibility requirements discussed above should complete the MBA application and submit required documents during their junior year.
- Online Application - Complete the free Willamette MBA application. You will use the online application to submit general information about yourself, your essay, and names of references as described below. You do not need to complete all of your application information at once. You may save your work and return to your application later.
- Official Transcripts of all College Courses - Unofficial transcripts of all academic coursework can be uploaded to the application online and used for the initial admission decision. Official Transcripts will be required if a student is admitted, and must be sent directly from each institution previous attended by email to email@example.com, or mailed to Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management 900 State Street Salem, OR 97301.
Official transcripts submitted directly from applicants must be received in a sealed envelope and must display the appropriate official signature and/or seal of the transcript institution. Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be in English or accompanied by an official English translation of the transcript.
- Official GMAT or GRE score - (Optional)
- Personal Statement (Essay) - The personal statement helps the admission committee understand your motivations for seeking an MBA and how we can help you achieve your desired goals.
- Resume - Your resume should detail your work experience, if any, and include achievements and awards earned in school, co-curriculars, community involvement, or on the job.
- Two references - Provide the names and contact information for two individuals who are familiar with your work performance, professional or leadership experience, and character. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted. Your recommenders will receive a hyperlink by which they will provide their recommendation.
- Academic Advisor Approval - Confirmation from CAS advisor or department chair stating the student has met CAS requirements to complete the BA degree through the BA/MBA program, and listing all CAS courses to be completed during the first year of the MBA program (senior year). Your advisor will receive a hyperlink by which they will provide their recommendation.
- Admission Interview - All applicants must interview via zoom, telephone, or in-person. Interviews are scheduled by invitation.