The BA/MBA program is only available to qualified students who are enrolled in Willamette University's College of Arts & Sciences.
Students interested in applying for the BA/MBA should do advance planning with their CAS academic advisor and talk with the MBA admission office about their interests.
The College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) generally requires BA/MBA applicants to have completed at least 23 credits at Willamette (8 credits for transfer students) and have no more than two required CAS courses (major or general education requirements) remaining by the end of the junior year.
The remaining elective credits needed to complete the Bachelor degree will be earned through MBA coursework during the senior year. No more than 8 MBA credits will be counted towards CAS elective credits.
In selecting CAS courses it is helpful, but not required, to complete at least one course in math, economics, and psychology or sociology.
- Start the planning process early.
- Tell your CAS major advisor you are interested in the BA/MBA.
- Meet with the MBA Admission staff.
- Plan your course schedules with your CAS major advisor.
- Build experience in organizations: clubs, athletics, internships.
- Take the GMAT or the GRE before spring of your junior year.
- Apply to the BA/MBA during your junior year.
Applying for the BA/MBA
Students who meet the CAS eligibility requirements discussed above should complete the MBA application and submit required documents during their junior year.
- Online Application Form
- Official transcripts of all college courses
- Official GMAT or GRE score
- Two essays (on the application form)
- Two candidate evaluation forms (submitted through online application) or letters of reference
- Resume (on the application form)
- Email/letter from CAS advisor or department chairperson stating the student has met CAS requirements to complete the BA degree through the BA/MBA program, and listing all CAS courses to be completed during the first year of the MBA program (senior year) year.