Jo Smith is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC), executive coach and speaker. She helps leaders improve employee engagement, client satisfaction and business profitability. Jo helps organizations develop leadership talent and coaches professionals to achieve their potential, make their greatest contributions and live their best lives. Jo’s clients include Law Firms, Accounting Firms, Public and Private Businesses and Utility Companies.
Prior to returning to her hometown of Portland to renew her private consulting practice in 2001, Jo served as Managing Consultant of the Los Angeles office of Drake Beam Morin (DBM), where she led a team of consultants and staff to become one of the global human resource firm’s top performing offices (measured by employee satisfaction, client satisfaction and profit margins). She served as a Global Project Director with DBM, directing the service delivery of multi-million dollar projects to clients with multiple sites within the United States. DBM designated her one of six consultants responsible for the training of all new consultants hired throughout the United States.
Jo loves spending time with her children and grandchildren in Bend and Astoria OR and Newport Beach CA. She loves international travel, including trips to Rwanda, Guatemala, London, Berlin, Bordeaux and Venice, and hiking the trails of Oregon.
Jo Smith's personal website is www.josmithassociates.com.
- B.S., Business Administration, Portland State University, High Honors, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Human Resources Certification, Portland State University
- Institute of Management Consultants
- Member, Certified, 2009-Present
- National Board Member and Marketing Committee Chair, 2014-15
- National University of Natural Medicine, Board Member, 2014-16
- Fast Friends, (Friends of the Children Scholarships), Board Member, 2010-11
- Portland State University Alumni Association, President, 1995-96
- Advancing Women’s Careers: Whose Job Is It Anyway?, Legal Management News, Fall 2014.
- Successful Delegation: Why It Matters and How To Do It, Legal Management News, Winter, 2012.
- Talk to (Really) be Heard, Legal Management News, Summer, 2011.