College Colloquium Student Research Grant
Campus Deadline: February 17, 2022 by 4:30 pm for both student applications and faculty recommendations
College Colloquium Student Research Grants offer Willamette undergraduates the opportunity to undertake a scholarly, creative, or professional research project during the summer between their first and second years. Approximately six grants of up to $3,500 are available each year. Students may apply for these competitive grants only as first-year students. Projects must be related to the subject of the applicant's College Colloquium. Projects may be creative and artistic, literary, investigative, interdisciplinary, and performative. Recent Colloquium grant recipients have:
- Made a documentary film about Rwanda's efforts to recover from genocide
- taught photography to children in South Africa as part of an exploration of art as a political force
- developed an environmental curriculum for area high school students focused on local resource use issues
- examined Virginia Woolf's treatment of relationships through a close reading of novels including To the Lighthouse and Mrs. Dalloway
- investigated weighted pebbling numbers of graphs and theorems concerning them
- analyzed the debates over Female Genital Cutting as a discourse about cultural sensitivity
The deadline for applications for the College Colloquium Student Research program is February 17, 2022 by 4:30 pm. Proposals, transcripts, and supporting materials must be submitted online.
Sponsors should submit their recommendations online.
Copies of successful program proposals and final project reports are available online in Willamette's Academic Commons