Willamette University’s Early Career/Career Change full-time MBA program admits qualified international students who will be on an F-1 or J-1 visa while studying in the United States.
If you’re a Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission sponsored student, please click here.
Applicants must submit all of the application documents listed below:
- Online Application - Complete the free Willamette MBA application. You will use the online application to submit general information about yourself, essay, and names of references as described below. You do not need to complete all of your application information at once. You may save your work and return to your application later.
- International Transcripts: You may receive conditional admission with unofficial transcripts and translated transcripts. To receive full admission, any transcripts you submitted in support of your application from institutions outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES), an accredited third-party credential evaluation service that converts educational credentials from any country to their U.S. equivalents. We recommend that you start the WES evaluation process as soon as possible. Follow the steps below:
- Preview the list of documents required by WES from you and your institution to start your credential evaluation.
- If your documents are not in English, you must submit a precise word-for-word English translation together with your foreign-language documents. WES does not provide translation services. Translations prepared by the school or university that you attended or by authorized translators in your home country are acceptable.
- Select the Course-by-Course International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP).
- Request WES to send your completed evaluation electronically directly to Willamette MBA. Do not send physical copies of your WES evaluation through the mail.
- Two references - Provide the names and contact information for two individuals who are familiar with your work performance, professional or leadership experience, and character. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted. Your recommenders will receive a hyperlink by which they will provide their recommendation.
- Personal Statement (Essay) – The personal statement helps the admission committee understand your motivations for seeking an MBA and how we can help you achieve your desired goals.
- Resume - Your resume should detail your work experience, if any, and include achievements and awards earned in school, co-curriculars, or community service. Work experience is not required for admittance.
- GMAT or GRE score - You may receive a conditional admission prior to taking the GMAT/GRE exam. To receive full admission, you must take the GMAT/GRE. Contact a recruiter to see if you are eligible for an exam fee waiver. The GMAT code for Willamette MBA is 3MZ-PZ-27. The GRE code is 1181.
- Proof of language proficiency.*
- Official TOEFL iBT score of 88 or higher
- Official TOEFL Essentials score of 8.5 or higher
(The TOEFL code for Willamette MBA is 4954.)
- Official IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- Official Duolingo score of 105 or higher
- Admission Interview - All applicants must interview via Zoom, telephone, or in-person. Interviews are scheduled by invitation.
- Supplemental Application Materials - Applicants may submit supplemental information electronically, via email at email@example.com or by mail to: Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management, 900 State Street, Salem, OR 97301.
*Applicants may receive a waiver of the language-proficiency test if all of the requirements for the bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree were completed in a country where the primary and dominant language is English and English was the language of instruction of the school. Please contact our admissions team for further information.
Official bank verification of funds (written in English) and a photocopy of the name page of your passport are required to issue the Form I-20 and must be received in order to accept an offer of admission. However, they are not required for admission consideration.
Your admission team is here to help you through the process. Please contact us directly with your questions and information needs.
Director of Recruitment, MBA Programs
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Fall semester 2023 starts August 14th.
Recommended Application Timeline for International Students:
To ensure that you have the maximum amount of time to obtain an F-1 visa, we recommend you to submit your application no later than March 1, 2023 and take the GMAT/GRE by April 1, 2023. Questions? Ask a recruiter to help you map out your application timeline.
All application materials and documents submitted as part of the application process become the property of the Willamette University MBA program and cannot be returned.