Willamette University’s Early Career/Career Change Full-time MBA program admits qualified international students who will be on an F1 or J1 visa while studying in the United States. We also welcome international exchange students from our partner schools.
All applicants to the Willamette MBA must have completed the full sequence of preparatory studies and examinations equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree from an approved institution. Please contact our admissions team for further information.
Applicants must submit all of the application documents listed below.
- Online Application - Complete the free Willamette MBA application. You will use the online application to submit general information about yourself, essay, and names of references as described below. You do not need to complete all of your application information at once. You may save your work and return to your application later.
- Transcripts - Unofficial transcripts of all academic coursework can be uploaded to the application online and used for the initial admission decision. Official Transcripts will be required if a student is admitted, and must be sent directly from each institution previous attended by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management 900 State Street Salem, OR 97301.
Official transcripts submitted directly from applicants must be received in a sealed envelope and must display the appropriate official signature and/or seal of the transcript institution. Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be in English or accompanied by an official English translation of the transcript.
- Two references - Provide the names and contact information for two individuals who are familiar with your work performance, professional or leadership experience, and character. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted. Your recommenders will receive a hyperlink by which they will provide their recommendation.
- Personal Statement (Essay) – The personal statement helps the admission committee understand your motivations for seeking an MBA and how we can help you achieve your desired goals.
- Resume - Your resume should detail your work experience, if any, and include achievements and awards earned in school, co-curriculars, community involvement, or on the job.
- Official GMAT or GRE score - The GMAT code for Willamette MBA is 3MZ-PZ-27. The GRE code is 1181. ( NOTE: GMAT or GRE Test not required for exchange students.)
- Proof of language proficiency.*
- Official TOEFL score of 88 or higher
- ( The TOEFL code for Willamette MBA is 4954.)
- Official IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- Official Duolingo score of 105 or higher
- Admission Interview - All applicants must interview via zoom, telephone, or in-person. Interviews are by invitation. Interviews are scheduled by invitation.
- Supplemental Application Materials - Applicants may submit supplemental information electronically, via email at email@example.com, or by mail to Willamette University Atkinson Graduate School of Management, 900 State Street Salem, OR 97301.
*Applicants may receive a waiver of the language-proficiency test if all of the requirements for the bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree were completed in a country where the primary and dominant language is English and English was the language of instruction of the school. Please contact our admissions team for further information.
Official bank verification of funds (written in English) and a photocopy of the name page of your passport are required to issue the Form I-20 and must be received in order to accept an offer of admission. However, they are not required for admission consideration.
All application materials and documents submitted as part of the application process become the property of the Willamette University MBA program and cannot be returned.
Your admission team is here to help you through the process. Please contact us directly with your questions and information needs.
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Assistant Director of Recruitment
|Round||Due Date||Decision Released|
|Early Action 1||Oct. 14, 2022||On or before Dec. 14, 2022|
|Early Action 2||Dec 14, 2022||On or before February 14, 2023|
|Early Action 3||March 14, 2023||On or before April 14, 2023|
|Standard Deadline||May 1, 2023||On or before May 31, 2023|
|Rolling Deadline||Begins May 2, 2023||Space Available Basis|
Fall semester 2023 starts August 14th.