The Operations, Analysis and Systems area of interest builds skills in analyzing and innovating the internal and external processes of an organization.
A sample of topics includes: forecasting, management science, statistical data analysis, statistical models, supply chain management, systems analysis, electronic commerce and project management. Graduates with these skills are prepared for careers as consultants, business analysts, marketing analysts, financial analysts, operations analysts, systems analysts, and other positions that require a balance of technical and soft skills.
Students may choose to pursue a formal concentration in Operations, Analysis and Systems. To complete the Operations concentration, students must have been enrolled in the Atkinson School during the 2019-20 academic year, declare Operations as a concentration, complete a minimum of three (3) courses from the following list of elective courses with a grade of B (3.0) or higher, and meet all other requirements for graduation. The final MBA transcript of students who meet all of the above requirements will list "Operations, Analysis and Systems" as an area of concentration.
- GSM 6014 - Management Analytics
- GSM 6216 - Business and Economic Forecasting
- GSM 6220 - Lean Six Sigma
- GSM 6223 - Enterprise Data Management
- GSM 6249 - Project Management
- GSM 6260 - Research for Marketing Decisions
- GSM 6272 - Data Sciences for Strategic Applications
- GSM 6275 - Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- GSM 6296 - Sustainability Management
- GSM 7251 - Internship (must be an internship in operations, systems or analysis)