Transfer of Stocks & Mutual Funds

Giving a gift of stock or other securities to Willamette may provide significant tax benefits to you. Contributions of appreciated securities held for over a year are generally deductible at market value, regardless of what you paid for them. You will also avoid paying capital gains taxes on the securities given to Willamette.

How to make your gift of stock or securities:

Provide the following information to your broker:

Brokerage Firm: Charles Schwab & Co.
Attn: Transfer of Accounts, 101 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
Account Name: Willamette University
Account Number: 7111-9632
Code: 40
DTC number: 0164
Willamette Tax ID: 93-0386972

Please also complete the Notification of Stock Transfer form (for a printable version, click here.)

Please contact Cathy Gaskin in our Office of Gift Planning ( or 503-370-6492) first if any of the following apply:  

  • You hold physical stock certificates; 
  • A plan administrator holds your shares; 
  • You want to contribute shares in a mutual fund; or 
  • You or your financial advisors have any questions.

Thank you for supporting Willamette University!

Back to Top