Student Learning Outcomes for the Sociology Major
- Students will develop their capacity to think sociologically, cultivating in them a “sociological imagination” with which to interpret the social world;
- Students will develop their ability to apply sociological and relevant interdisciplinary concepts and theory to an understanding and analysis of social institutions and social structure;
- Students will develop the tools needed to think methodologically about how to gather qualitative and use data as part of a collaborative research team and use qualitative data to study social life
- Students will cultivate and strengthen their critical thinking, collaborative project-based work, and analytical writing in theory and applied sociology;
- Through internships, students will develop their knowledge about career fields that put into practice a sociological imagination.