Saturday October 8, 2022
11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
ZenaFest is our annual fall event that connects the Willamette University Community, including family and friends, with our 305 acre Zena property, and showcases the work of students, faculty, staff, and our partners to advance our educational and ecological missions. We welcome all students, faculty, staff, alumni, family and friends to come in the Fall celebration of spending time together exploring, learning, and having fun.
Plan Your ZenaFest
ZenaFest includes student and faculty-led tours and demonstrations, self-guided hiking, farm Fall Festival activities, apple cider pressing, farm-to-fork lunch and music. Enjoy the many Oregon White Oak activities planned by WU Growing Oaks students for their Oak Festival. See the event schedule and important transportation details below. Afterward, consider visiting one of the several vineyards and wineries nearby.
Make sure to pre-purchase your shuttle/parking ticket and lunch ticket!
Without shuttle/bus ticket attendance is not allowed due to restricted capacity.
We will have a small number of lunches to sell onsite first-come, first-served, but please plan accordingly. There are no food options nearby, but some on the way there.
Getting to Zena
Trip time from campus to Zena is about 20 minutes. Please choose one of the following travel options:
- Catch the bus leaving from Hatfield Fountain at 11 a.m. and noon, and returning to campus at 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. $5 bus tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Drive your own private vehicle. Parking tickets must be purchased online in advance. Please do not drive out without purchasing a parking space hoping to get one. If too many people do this it will create a safety hazard for us. Please park at campus and ride the bus.
Please check the weather, and wear comfortable walking/hiking shoes that you don't mind getting a little wet/dirty. Also, please bring a water bottle to reduce waste.
Schedule of Events
11 a.m.: Parking area opens
11 a.m. & 12 p.m.: Bus leaves campus (meet at Hatfield Fountain), arrives at Zena by 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. (tickets are required, includes return trip)
11 a.m.–3 p.m.: Self-guided hiking on roads and trails
11:30 a.m.–3 p.m.: Farm Club Fall Fun Faire
- Seasonal Pumpkin Carving and Decorating (donations accepted)
- Apple cider pressing (please bring beverage container)
11:30 a.m.–3 p.m.: WU Growing Oaks • Oregon White Oak Festival
- Oak Arts + Crafts
- Nature Walk
- First Oak Planting Ceremony
- Acorn Food Demo
12–2:30 p.m.: Vegan-friendly farm-to-fork lunch (purchase lunch tickets)
12–3 p.m.: Self- Student- Faculty- and Staff-led tours, demonstrations and performances:
- Farm and Land Tours
- Environmental Law Zena Trivia
- Art Installations
- Bird and Plant Explorations
- Growing and Studying Oregon White Oak
- Native and Honey Bee Learning
- Campus Sustainability Resources
Exploring Nearby Eola-Amity Wine Country
After visiting Zena, consider stopping at one of the seven tasting rooms only a few minutes from Zena, which is across the road from Zenith Vineyard. Please contact businesses directly to arrange your visit.