Michael B. Wise
Michael B. Wise was an attorney and advisor for the United States Commission on Civil Rights from 1971 to 1973 and a trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice in the Civil Rights Division from 1977 to 1981. He also was the assistant director of the Notre Dame Center for Civil Rights from 1973 to 1977.
He joined the Willamette University College of Law faculty in 1981 and currently teaches Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Comparative Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law. Professor Wise has written articles and papers concerning constitutional law, comparative constitutional law, civil rights, and court-annexed arbitration. He served as president of the Board of Directors for the Oregon Legal Services Corporation from 1985 to 1987 and was president of the Constitutional Law Committee of the Inter-American Bar Association from 1997 to 1998. In 1998, Wise was a Fulbright Senior Visiting Scholar at the University of Namibia.
- "Intercepting Migrants at Sea: Differing Views or the U.S. Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights" 21 Willamette. J. Int'l L. & Disp. Resol. 19 (2013).
- "Cuban Constitutionalism: Will There Be Changes?" 51 Duq. L. Rev. 467 (2013).
- "Constitutions and Control of the Military: Can the Experience of the Americas Assist the Middle East?" 48 Willamette L. Rev. 497 (2012).
- "Judicial Review and Its Politicization in Central America: Guatemala, Costa Rica and Constitutional Limits on Presidential Candidates," 7 Santa Clara J. Int'l L. 145 (2010).
- "Cuba and Judicial Review," 7 Sw. J. L. & Trade in the Americas 247-266 (2000).
- "Nicaragua: Judicial Independence in a Time of Transition," 30 Willamette L. Rev. 519-579 (1994).
- "Toward Differential Case Management--Predictive Factors and Analysis in Oregon Dissolution Cases," (with Simoni and Finigan) 27 Willamette L. Rev. 51 (1991).
- "Litigant and Attorney Attitudes Toward Court-Annexed Arbitration: An Empirical Study," (with Simoni and Finigan), 28 Santa Clara L. Rev. 543 (1988).
- "Northern Lights: Equal Protection Analysis in Alaska," 3 Alaska L. Rev. l (1986).
- "Discovery of Experts: A Call for Change in Oregon," (with Alexander) 20 Willamette L. Rev. 223 (1984).
- "Desegregation in Education: A Legal Bibliography," 52 Notre Dame L. Rev. 733 (1977).