Honoring accomplished alumni
The Alumni Board of Directors Membership and Awards Committee is a group of alumni volunteers that thoroughly reviews nominations and recommends the slate of finalists to the full Board of Directors for approval by vote. See more details about the alumni awards below.
Celebrating award recipients
Alumni Award recipients are announced each spring, and a celebratory awards ceremony takes place during Alumni Reunion Weekend each year.
Meet the 2023 Recipients
Lestle J. Sparks Medallion
Distinguished Alum of the Year
Non Nobis Solum
Non Nobis Solum
Each year, we recognize alumni with the following awards
The Sparks Medallion
The Sparks Medallion recognizes graduates whose lifetime loyalty and service to Willamette reflect the ideals of one of the University's most devoted alumni, Lestle J. Sparks, Class of 1919.
Distinguished Alumni Citation
Many of Willamette's graduates have made waves in their own ways — these awards showcase them.
- Distinguished Alum of the Year: awarded to an alum who has achieved tremendous accomplishments in the last 1-3 years.
- Professional Achievement: awarded to an alum who has demonstrated success in their career over a lifetime.
- Non Nobis Solum: awarded to an alum who has made significant contribution to society, the world or however one defines "community."
Recent Alumni Leadership Award
The Recent Alumni Leadership Award is given to recent graduates who have already made noteworthy contributions to their communities, their industry or their causes.
- Innovative Achievement: awarded to an alum in recognition of significant achievements in entrepreneurship, leadership or innovation since graduating from Willamette.
- Non Nobis Solum: awarded to a recent graduate who has made significant contribution to society, the world or however one defines "community."
Nominations for these awards come from you
If you know of someone doing remarkable things, we would love to know about it! Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis for the following year's selection.
- The deadline for the 2024 awards cycle is October 5, 2023. Stay tuned for the opening of the next nomination window.
- Nominators need not be affiliated with Willamette.
- See the criteria for awards for complete details.
Please submit your nominations through the official nomination forms (use the online nomination form corresponding to the award or call the alumni office to request a PDF or hard copy). By completing the specified fields and providing compelling information, you will assist the committee in their review and selections. Nominations will be held in consideration for three years.