The Marketing concentration develops the understanding and skills necessary to manage the process by which individuals and organizations obtain what they need and want through the exchange of ideas, products or services.
Students interested in marketing benefit from the professional, leadership and networking opportunities available through the Atkinson School Student Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA).
Job titles of alumni in marketing careers include director of marketing, public relations manager, account executive, marketing analyst, marketing research manager, e-business marketing manager, consultant, sales and marketing manager, product manager, and vice president.
Students who choose to pursue a concentration in Marketing should consider the following elective courses.
- GSM 6004 - E-commerce and Digital Marketing Analytics
- GSM 6007 - Content Marketing in Social Media
- GSM 6020 - Marketing Analytics
- GSM 6202 - Product Planning
- GSM 6216 - Business and Economic Forecasting
- GSM 6231 - Strategic Marketing for Private & Public NFP Organizations
- GSM 6260 - Research for Marketing Decisions
- GSM 6261 - Marketing Strategy
It is possible that a specific course may not be offered in a given year.