Accommodation Request Process
- Schedule an appointment with the Accessible Education Services (AES) office to discuss your situation
- Bring appropriate disability documentation to your appointment or fax it to the AES office
- Receive your letter of accommodation from AES
- Share your letter of accommodation with your professors and discuss in-class accommodations with them *
- Notify the AES office of any barriers to equal opportunity or if accommodations are not working
*Some students in the graduate programs request total confidentiality. In those cases, the liaison of the particular program and the Accessible Education Services office will facilitate the accommodations.
Requesting Accommodations in a Timely Manner
All accommodations should be requested prior to the start of the term or within the first few weeks. For accommodations such as books in electronic format, interpreters, or any situation that involves extra time to implement, students are to contact the disability office as soon as they have been admitted or, for returning students, once they have selected their classes for the next semester.
Decision Review Process
- Accessible Education Services (formerly Disability Services) Decision Review
- Accommodation Implementation Review