The Bishop Wellness Center provides holistic services, in partnership with students, to promote optimal well being through:
- Providing confidential services in a caring, comfortable, safe atmosphere
- Respecting and cultivating student diversity
- Reducing wellness related barriers to learning, retention, and student success
- Empowering students to be self-directed wise consumers in the health care system, accessing services that will enhance their lifelong well being
- Offering educational programming to the broader campus community to promote health and wellness
- Serving as a community consultant for physical and mental health emergencies on our campus
- Advocating for a safe, just, and accessible community
The staff and providers at Bishop Wellness Center are committed to creating a safe, welcoming, and affirming environment for all. This includes students who access our services as well as all individuals who are part of larger Willamette community.
We view diversity as encompassing intersecting identities, including ethnic/racial identity, nationality, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, socioeconomic status, age, body shape/size, ability, and point of view. We endeavor to make Bishop Wellness Center a place where individuals can strengthen their self-acceptance, confidence, and comfort with their own individual identities.
We celebrate the differences among individuals as valuable and essential to the strengthening of our community and to the enrichment of the lives of our students. We acknowledge that this is a work in progress which will continue to evolve.