- What is the best file format to use when sending documents to print?
- What is a PDF?
- How to Make PDF Files with Windows (ctrl+p)
- How to Make PDF Files with Mac OS X (cmd+p)
- How do I submit a job request on the mailing calendar?
1. What is the best file format to use when sending documents to print?
We can process your PDF files, word docs, indesign, photoshop, excel, publisher, and power point files but PDF is the preferred format. Some word docs can change formatting and layout when sent from one computer to another. Creating PDF files also takes care of conflicts that sometimes arise when documents have been created on a Mac and viewed on a PC, or if we do not have the plug ins or fonts you have used when creating your document.
2. What is a PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. PDF is a file format developed by Adobe Systems that captures formatting information and allows the file to be displayed or printed on multiple computers and printers in its original format.
3. How to Make PDF Files with Windows (ctrl+p)
Open the Document and go to File then Print, (or ctrl+p) select PDF as the printer in the dialog box. Select OK and you will be required to name the document and choose a location on your computer to save it (like desktop).
4. How to Make PDF Files with Mac OS X (cmd+p)
Open the Document and go to File then Print, (or cmd+p) select PDF from the bottom of the Print dialog box and choose Save as PDF (like desktop).
5. How do I submit a job request on the mailing calendar?
To ensure that your mailing is completed in a timely manner-
Sign into JASON → Scroll down to Mailing Requests → Click Document Management Mailing Request → Fill out form and submit
More information What is Standard Mail?