Office of Student Affairs
The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) provides comprehensive support for law students. This office is where students conduct most of their daily business -- turning in Legal Research and Writing assignments, registering for classes, scheduling rooms for student organization events, and rescheduling examinations -- just to name a few. The OSA also oversees registration for law courses, administering examinations, and Commencement in the spring.
Spring 2015 Registration.
The first phase of registration will take place during the week of November 3rd for 1L electives and for Upper-Level LIMITED ENROLLMENT courses. Please check JASON for your appointed start time for registration. The second phase of registration will take place during the week of November 17th for all OPEN ENROLLMENT courses. WebAdvisor will remain open until Friday, January 9, 2015 for online changes to student registration. After the Spring 2015 semester begins, all changes to student registration must be handled through the OSA with Add/Drop forms.
- Tuesday, Nov. 4th: 1Ls have one day (24 hours beginning at 8:00 am) to select their first-year elective on WebAdvisor. Or they may seek approval from Dean Santos to register for a different upper-level course.
- Wednesday, Nov. 5th - Monday, Nov. 10th: Upper Level students (2Ls, 3Ls, LLM, & MLS students) will have from 8:00 am from Wednesday, Nov. 5th through 12:00 noon on Monday, Nov. 10th to WAITLIST for all LIMITED ENROLLMENT courses. Please make sure that you have WAITLISTED for all the LIMITED ENROLLMENT courses you are interested in to participate in those lotteries by 12:00 noon on Monday, Nov. 10th.
- LOTTERY WEEK: The week of Nov. 10th. During Lottery Week, registration for all limited enrollment classes are determined.
- Monday, Nov. 17, 2014 - Friday, Jan. 9, 2015. WebAdvisor re-opens for all upper level students to REGISTER for OPEN ENROLLMENT courses.
Departmental Moves on Campus/Campus Map.
This has been a busy summer on campus. The planning and implementation of the departmental moves were made with a goal in mind to streamline processes for students, staff, and faculty. For example, the Financial Aid Department and the University Registrar's Office have moved from the Putnum University Center to the first floor of Waller Hall. This move better serves students so there's only one place they need to go for financial aid, registration, and student account issues. Click here to view a campus map which highlights the departmental moves that mostly affect students.
Class Attendance Tracking.
The attendance tracking in JASON is recorded weekly as we receive attendance sheets from the faculty; however, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to track attendance, as reporting in JASON may not always be up to date.
If you find a discrepancy in the records (for example, if you were marked absent on a day that you were in class), email or contact the professor to ask them to notify the OSA to correct the attendance date in question. We can only make a correction if the request is from the Professor. If you know you were absent on a certain date, but JASON doesn't reflect it, please contact either the professor or the OSA to see if the attendance sheets have been turned in for the class in question.
OSA Notary Policy Change.
Effective July 1, 2013, the OSA notary services are limited to WUCL students and graduates for purposes of application to state bar examinations.
WU Network Resources
- WUCL Google Calendar (Subscribe!)
- Submit Event Calendar Item
- Submit Publicity/Signage Request
- Virtual EMS
- View Current WUCL Digital Signage (must be on campus)
Mark Your Calendar
Rick's Cafe Regular Hours
- Mon, Tues, Thurs: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Wed: 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Fri: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Weekends: Closed
The Bearcat Bulletin is designed to help our community easily find and share information about Willamette’s people and programs. Adding announcements and events is simple — submit your announcement or to submit your event via Willamette’s event calendar. Submissions received by 5 p.m. on Thursday will be included in the weekly bulletin, which we’ll send on the first business day of the week.