Financial Aid Processing Timeline
- Now through June
- File your FAFSA if you have not already
- Receive your award information via email and Self Service
- Accept/Decline loans on Self Service
- July and August
- Complete loan requirements online (those will be emailed to you from the Office of Financial Aid)
- Week before fall semester begins
- If all loan and enrollment requirements are complete, pick up any fall semester refund from the Student Accounts Office
- File your FAFSA for the next academic year
- January 6th
- If all loan and enrollment requirements are complete, pick up any Spring semester refund from the Student Accounts Office
- When will I get my refund for books and living expenses?
- Can I get more funds to help with increased living expenses or emergency costs?
- Can I get an advance on my financial aid refund before it is scheduled to be released?
1. When will I get my refund for books and living expenses?
You will receive your refund approximately 4 days before each semester begins, assuming you have completed all loan requirements and are enrolled in the required number of credits.
2. Can I get more funds to help with increased living expenses or emergency costs?
Yes, you may be eligible to receive additional loan funds for certain circumstances. Things like increased living expenses for students with families, funds for a computer purchase, or additional aid to cover health insurance costs or out of pocket medical expenses can be covered with federal financial aid by completing and submitting the Budget Adjustment Form (found on the financial aid website).
3. Can I get an advance on my financial aid refund before it is scheduled to be released?
Only in very rare and urgent circumstances can a small portion of funds be advanced to a student. This means that careful budgeting and awareness of the timing of refunds is extremely important.
Have any other questions?
Feel free to contact Assistant Director of Financial Aid Shanan Woods in the Office of Financial Aid by emailing email@example.com or calling (503) 370-6273.