Dear Willamette Community,
Our renewed website is finally here and will launch this Wednesday, July 29 — with the transition from the old site to the new set to take place overnight.
Inevitably, in a project of this scope, some issues with the new site will come to light as we rollout. We request your patience and understanding as our new site is implemented — and your assistance with fixes and improvements. This includes:
- Updating your bookmarks for the few URLs that did change during the transition;
- Taking note of any broken links, odd characters/spacing, layout issues or image size/loading issues;
- Staying on the lookout for any URLs on print materials or electronic communications you may need redirected or linked to different pages;
- Ensuring that any changes you might have made to your pages in July have been incorporated into the new site;
- Attending lab sessions and training sessions to learn about the new version of WebEdit and to make updates to your pages.
A number of lab sessions and training sessions are available to the Willamette community. We encourage you to bring your questions and your work to the WITS Training Room in the Executive Building so we can work through them and learn together:
WebEdit Basics & Overview Class
- Tuesday, August 4: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 5: 1 - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 6: 9 - 11 a.m.
WebEdit Open Lab Time
Attendees of the Open Lab must first attend the Basics & Overview class.
- Tuesday, August 4: 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 5: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 6: 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 7: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Launching the new site is exciting and the beginning of the process of regularly updating and improving our content. Post-launch, members of the University Communications and Web Development teams will continue their conversations with academic departments, offices and other units across campus to introduce the new features of the website, assist with content organization, answer specific questions and allow all members of our community to take advantage of this powerful new communication tool.
Thank you in advance for your help in making this important institutional project a reality.
Website Renewal Core Team
Michael Beseda, Chair