We achieve our mission by:
- Educating the Whole Person. We enrich the mind, body, and spirit of each Willamette student through a diverse range of services and co-curricular opportunities.
- Cultivating Individual Development. We create opportunities for reflection and assessment through which students identify their strengths and areas for growth. Our students create their own plans for achieving goals in learning, life, and career.
- Providing Opportunities for Experiential Learning. We encourage students to learn by doing. Through hands-on experiences, students acquire knowledge, develop skills, and gain insight.
- Promoting Community Engagement. We challenge students to live the University motto: Not Unto Ourselves Alone Are We Born. Through service, students prepare for active roles in their communities.
In pursuit of our mission, we uphold these values:
- Integrity. We believe in maintaining ethical principles of equity, honesty, and consistency.
- Accountability. We believe in taking individual and group responsibility for our actions and words.
- Service. We believe that each individual should participate actively in community life, serving the greater good.
- Inclusivity. We believe in cultivating a civil, accepting community in which each member has a voice. We honor, promote, and celebrate diversity.
- Self-Sufficiency. We believe that every member of a community should have the initiative, confidence, and resources to act on his or her own behalf.