The Cornerstone OnDemand Learning Management System is the central data repository for employee learning.
Note: The courses require Adobe Flash in order to launch. Internet Explorer has been found to be the best browser for Cornerstone courses.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Cornerstone is a Learning Management System (LMS), which facilitates consistent delivery and tracking of online learning. It is also a key partner of Colleague, the University’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
The online courses in Cornerstone launch via pop-up window. Here's how you can enable your browser to allow pop-ups:
- In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu .
- Select Settings.
- Click "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the page
- Under "Privacy," click the "Content settings" button.
- Click the radio button for "Allow all sites to show pop-ups" (this choice will require you to go back and deselect this button after you complete your training); or
- Under "Pop-ups," click "Manage exceptions" and select "Allow" from the drop down button, for willamette.csod.com
- Click the menu button New Fx Menu and choose Options.
- Select the Content panel.
- Make sure the Block pop-up windows checkbox is checked.
- To the right of Block pop-up windows, click the Exceptions button. A dialog will appear that shows all the sites that are allowed to show pop-ups.
- If the site that's opening pop-ups is in the list, select it and press Remove Site.
- Click Close.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
In Internet Explorer:
- Click the Tools button , and then click Internet options.
- On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then click OK.
In Safari (Mac OS):
- From the Safari menu, make sure Block Pop-Up Windows is unchecked.
- You have have 30 days to complete any required training modules. If you miss that deadline you will receive a reminder that the training is due. After 60 days, another reminder tells you that your training is 30 days past due, and that reminder email is copied to a manager.
- First, check the volume on the monitor by clicking on the volume icon on your computer or by turning the physical volume knob (if your monitor has one). If you still can't hear the video, contact your User Services Consultant
- Student employee accounts are deactivated after 12 months of inactivity. If you received required employee training assignments and you do not plan to work for Willamette University in the next 12 months, please contact Payroll
- No, training is required only of actively working employees. We apologize that you received the notification and we are working to update the system to avoid any future communications.
The Cornerstone On Demand Learning Management System can do a lot of things, including:
Deliver Training: The Cornerstone system was launched in 2015 as a platform for required online learning modules. The system is capable of doing much more and will continue to be expanded. Ultimately managers, committees, leaders, faculty, and any university stakeholder with knowledge or information that needs to be delivered either to specific or broad groups of employees has the potential to develop and deliver training content through the system.
Record Training and Professional Development Received Off-Campus: If you have engaged in any kind of professional development, take credit for it! Record it in your Cornerstone dashboard and upload evidence of the credits you received for the program. Your supervisor must approve it and will require proof of having completed the program. If your job requires you to maintain continuing education credits, including licensure, this is a great way to communicate completion of these obligations to your supervisor and HR.
Communicate New Policies/Procedures: Departments with important policy or procedural communication needs can deliver new policy information through this system.