USE the application portal to manage your Acceptance and Predeparture processes.
Required documents and instructions for going through the Acceptance/Commit process are all online in the portal. Just as in the application phase, you are expected to complete items by specified deadlines in order to move forward. You will see a checkmark next to the items you have done as you complete them. Below is an abbreviated list of steps you will take to fully accept your placement.
Complete Commit/Decline option in the portal
Deadline to Commit/Decline: 29 February 2016
Refer to your portal for details. Reminders:
- Pay at the Cashier's window in Waller Hall.
- CASH or CHECK ONLY.
- Make checks out to "Willamette University".
- Contact the Cashier's office (503-375-5308) for any questions about HOW to pay.
- DEPOSIT POLICY: Download the deposit policy in PDF form. Also available in your "Documents" section in the portal.
Understand the Cost Information for Your Program
Review all cost information on the Willamette Sponsored Programs Cost Matrix. Please note the "explanation of costs" on the first page related to all programs before looking for information about your program. The amounts outlined change OFTEN and are based on the current information that the Office of International Education has. Actual verified amounts will be given to students in their predeparture process.
Apply for Ainsworth International Scholarship
See eligibility details and access the application via the portal. Choose Program Type: Scholarships. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, 4 March 2016. This scholarship is open only to WU students on WU Sponsored Study Abroad programs.
Study Abroad Timeline/Checklist
This checklist will help you know what to expect over the next three to four semesters and you prepare to study abroad, go abroad, and return home.
- Checklist is loaded in your portal if you are studying abroad in Summer 2016
- Checklist is loaded in your portal if you are studying abroad in Fall 2016 OR for the academic year 2016-2017
- Checklist is loaded in your portal if you are studying abroad in Spring 2017
Parents: These older checklists will give you a good idea of when and how information is delivered and student responsibilities around those steps.
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Fall 2015 or for the Academic Year 2015-2016
- Download the checklist if studying abroad in Spring 2016
Pre Departure Forms
For 2016-2017 programs:
Pre Departure Forms are loaded into your Accepted program portal. Use the portal to track your progress. Monitor your portal messages and Announcements. Monitor your WU email for other instructions.
For 2015-2016 programs
Parents: These older predeparture forms are comparable to forms currently used if you are interested in the kinds of information students need to complete/provide.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Health Information Student Self-Assessment
- 2 DOCUMENTS: Off-Campus Study Authorization/Release Agreement AND Standards of Conduct
- Health Insurance Information
- Office of Student Accounts-Release (return this form to Office of Student Accounts, Waller Hall)
Credit Form - Complete by the end of the semester PRIOR to your program. You will receive instruction on using this form at your Site Specific PreDeparture Meeting. You may receive a specific program form or a "generic form." This is a generic form.Credit Conversion/Equivalency Form
Downloadable in Adobe PDF format. Each student picks up a hard copy of their handbook from the Office of International after acceptance. It should be re-visited before and throughout the experience in order to get information when it is most needed. Includes: Timeline/Checklist, Syllabus for WU IDS course, health and safety resources, intercultural resources, moving towards a successful return to Willamette, and much more!
- Handbook Fall 2016
- Handbook Year 2016-2017
- Handbook Summer 2016
- Handbook for Spring 2017- to be posted in fall 2016
2015-2016 Program Handbooks