Mahalo for your support in our annual Hawaii Club Lu’au! We greatly appreciate your continued support. We greatly appreciate any items that you are able to donate. This might be a confusing process, so we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help clarify the donation process.
- I know what I will donate, what do I do now?
- How do I send my box to WU?
- What should I donate?
- Can I make a monetary donation?
- Can I send my child a personal box?
1. I know what I will donate, what do I do now?
Once you have bought or found items you would like to donate:
- Please fill out the Google Survey: [https://goo.gl/forms/gO1DVcovEDQBdo1L2] or email our Donations Contact, Megan Canniff (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your contact information and donation information, so that we can update our records. We have developed a tracking system so that our various committees and our Parent Island Chairs are up to date on the items donated. The list is updated regularly, so please keep checking as well. The spreadsheet is on our website under the Donations link.
- You will need to fill out TWO Donation Forms. One form will be placed in your donation box and one will be given to your respective island chair. The donation form is available on our website.
You will also need to label your box with 6 things:
- FROZEN, CHILL or DRY (Choose appropriate label based on contents of the box)
- WILLAMETTE UNIVERSITY
- APRIL 26, 2014
- Parent Name
- Parent Phone Number
- Box __ of __
- College Lu'au Packing List
- Turn in to CFI
CTN# should correspond to Box Label (__of__)
2. How do I send my box to WU?
Donations can be sent to Willamette University (WU) either through cargo or mail.
To ship via regular mail (at your expense)
If sent through USPS MAIL, the sender will be responsible for paying for the package.
If you decide to ship your donation via regular mail, please label the box with the following information:
To: Willamette University
Attn: Hawaii Club
900 State St.
Salem, OR 97301
To ship via cargo (at our expense)
If sent through CARGO, WU will pay for the transportation. If you choose to send through cargo, you should contact your respective island chair and arrange to get the donation(s) to them in a timely manner. Island Chairs will be responsible for shipping all of the donations.
If you are sending a personal box, please label the box “PERSONAL” and include the student’s name.
Parent Island Chairs
Big Island (1)
Other Islands (there are no Island Chairs for Maui or Kauai)
For parents interested in donating, please contact Megan Canniff at email@example.com to coordinate a shipping method.
If you are unable to meet your Island Chair, you may also arrange with CFI to drop off packages on the day of shipment, which is April 16th (neighbor islands) or April 17th (Oahu). The CFI representatives are also listed below. Please contact your respective CFI rep if you plan to drop off your package directly to CFI.
3. What should I donate?
We are very appreciative of any donation. Please review the Suggested Donation Sheet.
- We are always in need of greenery items. Please check the Greenery Donation sheet for specifics. *Agricultural inspection has specific details for shipping - contact Megan Canniff or your Island Chair for specifics.
- We are also always looking for things to sell in our Country Store, such as lifting candies, dried fruits, macadamia nuts, coffee, Hawaiian sun juice, etc. Please see our Suggested Donation Sheet for specifics.
REMEMBER: If you donate any items, please be sure to notify Megan Canniff with what specific items you will be donating by filling out the Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/gO1DVcovEDQBdo1L2 or sending an email with your contact info and donation description.
4. Can I make a monetary donation?
Absolutely! Checks can be made out to "Willamette University Hawaii Club".
Please mail them to:
Office of Multicultural Affairs
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Please notify Megan Canniff the amount you will be donating.
5. Can I send my child a personal box?
Yes! You can send your child a small box. Please make sure to mark the box with your child's name and “PERSONAL.”