- Satisfactorily complete 124 semester hours, of which no more than 12 hours may be earned in internships. At least 60 of these hours must be earned in residence. Additionally, at least 32 of the final 40 semester hours must be earned in residence or in Willamette-approved off-campus study programs. (Note: Four Willamette credits are equal to 6 quarter/term hours).
- Apply no more than 48 hours in a single department and no more than 56 hours in any major program toward the minimum of 124 semester hours required for graduation. Internship semester hours are exempted from this limitation.
- Satisfactorily complete the General Education Program which includes:
- College Colloquium
- Eight writing-centered semester hours
- Four Power, Diversity, and Equity semester hours
- Sixteen World Engagement semester hours (8 Non-English language semester hours, 8 other World Engagement semester hours)
- Twenty Liberal Arts Distribution semester hours:
- Arts & Humanities (8)
- Mathematical Sciences (4)
- Natural Sciences (4)
- Social Sciences (4)
Please see the General Education at Willamette section for a more complete description of these individual requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete an approved major program, including the Senior Year Experience.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 (C), and a grade point average in the major of at least 2.00 (C). Courses presented toward fulfillment of the General Education Program must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
A more detailed description and explanation of the degree requirements is in the Willamette Catalog.