For those who submitted we appreciate your interest in sharing your work with Theatre 33. Our next submission opens June 2024 for our summer 2025 season.
In preparation for the 2025 submissions beginning June 2024:
Our guidelines are simple.
- The playwright must be from the PNW (Pacific Northwest), which includes Canada. If you believe you are a PNW voice but no longer live in the region, please explain how you are connected to the PNW in your submission application.
- We consider plays (and musicals) with a cast of at least two actors and no more than six actors. (doubling is acceptable if the playwright provides a doubling list).
- We do not accept solo shows.
- We are happy to read plays and musicals at any stage of development but don't consider new drafts of previously submitted work.
What you can expect when you submit:
Because of the volume of submissions we receive, we appreciate your patience as we read every submission and give each one ample attention. You will hear from us within four months. If you are still waiting to hear from us within four months, please know that we contact every playwright with our decision and are still in our selection process.
Theatre 33 provides two types of engagement for our playwrights. Our 3 X 33 series provides 50 hours of rehearsal with a dramaturg, director, actors, and designers. This series presents a workshop production with five performances of your play with audience feedback sessions. We are considering plays with some development and are ready for a workshop production.
Our pop-up series provides 16 hours of rehearsal with a director, actors, audience feedback sessions, and two-afternoon concert reading performances.
Please submit the following on the submission form below:
- Proposal & history of script.
- Statement of artistic purpose.
- Status of the play.
- A bio and resume.