Have you noticed people wearing a lot more cardinal and gold recently? That’s because Fridays are now Bearcat Fridays.
The Office of Campus Life invites everyone on campus to don Bearcat attire on Fridays for this new event aimed at showcasing Willamette pride. Campus Life’s senior staff thought of the idea during their summer staff-retreat.
“It’s a lot of fun to see so many people sporting their Willamette gear,” says Ed Whipple, vice president for campus life. “Bearcat Fridays provide the opportunity for our community to share their passion for Willamette.”
During October, Campus Rec and University Communications are hosting a #BearcatFriday photo contest.
It’s simple to participate. Here are the basics:
- The photo contest is open to students, faculty and staff.
- Take a photo of you and other Bearcats wearing cardinal and gold on Fridays in October.
- Post the photo on one of WU’s social media pages using #BearcatFriday in your post’s text.
- For extra fun, tag the people in your pictures.
- Specific posting directions
- Facebook: Like Willamette University on Facebook. Post your photo to WU’s Facebook page. If you’re on a mobile device, you’ll need to scroll to “Visitor Posts” and click “Share Photo.” On a desktop, post in the field that says “Write something on this page” at the top of WU’s wall.
- Twitter: Follow @Willamette_U on Twitter. Tweet your photo. Include #BearcatFriday and @Willamette_U in the tweet.
- Instagram: Follow Willamette_U on Instagram. When posting your photo, tag Willamette_U and use #BearcatFriday.
When you enter a photo, your name (the name of your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account) will be entered into a drawing. On Mondays, we’ll draw a winner, who will pick a prize from a cache of Bearcat swag. With four Fridays in October, you’ll have four chances to win.
The winner will be the person who owns the Facebook account used to post the photo. Tom Mayhall Rastrelli, director of digital communications, will contact winners via Facebook about picking up their prizes.
The winning picture will be featured on WU’s social media.
(Willamette University reserves the right to edit or remove content or photos from its Facebook page. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not responsible for this contest. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not sponsoring, endorsing or administering this contest.)