Willamette University is pleased to offer online Class Notes and Obituaries, which reach more people for a longer period of time than traditional printed materials. Please use the guidelines below when sending in your submission.
Common reasons to submit a class note:
- You got a new job or promotion
- You had a baby or adopted a child
- You got married or entered into an official union
- You published a book
- Limit your note to 75 words or less.
- Limit your note to one event or news item.
- Submit a note that contains a recent event or development (something that occurred in the past year).
- Send a photo, and if you do, always identify those in the photo, make sure we can see faces clearly, and make sure to send as large a file as you can. We can't guarantee your photo will be published.
- Willamette cannot accept submissions on behalf of someone else (Class Notes Only).
- Willamette reserves the right to edit or omit any information submitted.
- Willamette does not publish news of engagements, pregnancies or candidacies for office. We’ll be happy to share your good news when the time comes.
- Willamette does not publish news containing solicitations or fundraising efforts.
- Unfortunately, there isn't enough space to include news of the children, grandchildren, colleagues and friends of alumni, unless your news is a birth announcement or those mentioned are Willamette students or alumni.
- Willamette will list surviving spouse, parents, children, siblings and other Willamette University alumni relations in obituaries unless otherwise requested.
- Willamette publishes obituaries of alumni (degreed and non-degreed), trustees and current or former faculty.
- Notes from dual degree alumni (CAS, Law, Atkinson, PNCA or MAT) will be listed by their undergraduate class year, unless otherwise specified. Due to space limitations, we are unable to run news of alumni's children, grandchildren, colleagues and friends — except for birth announcements or if those mentioned are Willamette students or alumni.