Willamette University is committed to the full access and inclusion of all students with disabilities in its programs. Our office facilitates reasonable accommodations for students with a qualifying disability or temporary medical condition while maintaining institutional standards. Accessible Education Services (AES) honors disability as an important aspect of human diversity, and seeks to foster diversity and social justice disability models.
- Need help finding resources to succeed
- Are looking for more support in the classroom
- Have an injury affecting your performance in class
- Assist you with determining your eligibility
- Help you obtain documentation of a disability
- Facilitate non-classroom accommodations
There are no requirements to schedule an appointment with AES!
Links to Important Information
Accessible Education Services (AES) strives to provide information to students who are seeking accommodations while in college. We have included some useful links to information about getting started with AES, transitioning to college, and resources available to students.
1) Are you new to AES and are looking to explore what accommodations are available for you? Please check out our New to AES page for instructions on how to get started.
2) Unsure of what documentation is needed when applying for accommodations? Our Documentation Guidelines lays out what are essential elements of quality documentation.
3) Are you a student coming to college for the first time who had a 504 or an IEP in high school and wonder how the accommodation process works in college? Check out the Student with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities article from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights.
4) There are a variety of resources that students can use to assist them in various areas of their academic careers. Our Student Resource page includes a variety of links to resources, some of which include text-to-speech and speech-to-text apps, note taking apps, executive functioning apps, and more.
You are always welcome to contact AES with any questions or for further information. We can be reached at 503-370-6737, firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can drop by Smullin 155.