Skip to main content

Accessible Education Services

Willamette University is committed to accessible and inclusive programs. Our office facilitates reasonable accommodations for students with a qualifying diagnosis or temporary medical condition while maintaining institutional standards. Accessible Education Services (AES) honors accessibility as an important aspect of human diversity, and seeks to foster social justice learning models. If you need help finding resources, are looking for more support in the classroom, or have an injury affecting your performance in class, we can assist you with determining your eligibility, help you obtain documentation of a diagnosis, and facilitate non-classroom accommodations.

Links to Important Information

  1. New to AES: Please check out our page for instructions on how to get started!
  2. Documentation Guidelines: Unsure of what documentation is needed when applying for accommodations? Our link lays out what are essential elements of quality documentation.
  3. Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities: Are you a student coming to college for the first time who had a 504 or an IEP in high school and wonder how the accommodation process works in college? Check out this article from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights.
  4. Confidentiality Selected Policies Manual Sections 4-6: Documentation and the nature of the diagnosis is confidential information. At no time would the documentation be shared without written consent of the student. Students are requested to sign an acknowledgement that exchange of some information may need to take place between Accessible Education Services and certain staff and/or faculty in order to comply with the student needs; however, neither the specific diagnosis of the diagnosis nor the specific nature of other confidential concerns is released. Students also have the prerogative of whether they grant permission for the Accessible Education Services office to communicate with parents.
  5. Extension of Resources: There are a variety of resources that students can use to assist them in various areas of their academic careers. This page is a list of our off-campus resources that includes a variety of links to text-to-speech and speech-to-text apps, executive functioning apps, and more.

You are always welcome to contact AES with any questions or for further information.

Beauty shot of Willamette University's Salem Campus.

New to AES? Register with us!

Are you a student at Willamette new to AES who needs to set up accommodations? Please complete our online application to get started.

Complete the online application

Need to request your accommodations?

College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) and Pacific Northwest College of Arts (PNCA) students who are already registered with AES will be able to request their accommodations online at the start of each term by using our accessible information management system. Click the box below to request your accommodations! AGSM and Law Students must contact the AES office to receive their accommodations at the beginning of each academic year.

Request your accommodations

Willamette University

Accessible Education Services

Smullin 155
Willamette University
900 State Street
Salem Oregon 97301 U.S.A.
503-370-6737 voice
503-370-6647 fax