- What information does my Compass Card contain?
- How do I unlock doors with my card?
- What is “authorized” Compass Card use?
- When will I need my card for ID purposes?
- What are Compass Card dos and don’ts?
1. What information does my Compass Card contain?
The magnetic strip contains your ID number (for Compass Cash and Flex Dollars purchases) and authorized building entry codes. See the chart below for building access details:
|Your residence hall||Yes||No/NA||Yes|
|College of Law||*||Yes||*|
|Atkinson Graduate School||No/NA||*||Yes|
|Parking lot gates||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hatfield Library 24-hour study room||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|No after-hours academic building access without written faculty approval|
* Access on request
2. How do I unlock doors with my card?
- Position the card in the card reader with the magnetic strip facing right.
- Slide the card rapidly through the slot from top to bottom.
- The green light will come on and the door will unlock for about six seconds.
If your card will not unlock a door to which you should have access, call 503-370-6911.
3. What is “authorized” Compass Card use?
Your Compass Card is the property of Willamette University and is issued to you for personal use only.
Loaning your card to another person is a violation of the University's Standards of Conduct. If you wish to purchase something for someone else, you must accompany that person.
4. When will I need my card for ID purposes?
You must carry your Compass Card with you at all times while on campus.
You must present your card for:
- Building Access: The magnetic strip and proximity chip contain authorized entry codes
- Events: To purchase or pick up event tickets, event attendance
- General ID: If requested by any University official
5. What are Compass Card dos and don’ts?
- Do carry your card at all times. You must have your card with you to enter buildings and you must present your card to any University official on request.
- Don't loan your card to anyone. Loaning your card or using another person's card are violations of the University's Standards of Conduct.
- Do report lost or stolen cards immediately by calling the Compass Card office at 503-370-6000 or emailing email@example.com.
- DON'T PUNCH A HOLE IN YOUR CARD! Don't bend, wash, cut, scrape, burn or otherwise damage or deface the card. Cards with abnormal damage will cost $15 to replace.